Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress

+7
Prophet
Breaker
Maffyx
Papa Bear
Dragoncaptin
Church
Cleaver
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress Empty ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress

Post  Cleaver Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:30 am

This thread shall be used to discuss the design stuff that the club has going on (hats, shirts, patches, digital media, etc.)

First up: Recently I said that I was going to make team signatures. I began a little bit tonight working on a stencil of the current patch that we may be able to use in other applications (such as the next round of T-shirts maybe). I made this stencil with the intention of using it in situations requiring a simpler design (T-shirts can only run a few colors, small logos are ruined by lots of detail).

This is what I've got so far:
ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress Bwlogocomparison

First thing you'll notice is the VTAC logo. I'm pretty sure our current configuration is not legitimate by Tech standards, and I feel we should endeavor to redesign it if we try to legitimize the club. The last thing we need is someone giving us stink for it. I tried looking for fonts that shared similarities in style to the last one; this one is passively acceptable IMO, but I'm still looking. Might just have to design it ourselves from scratch and not rely on a particular font. We'll see...

I'll probably have mockups of the signature here soon for you all.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress Empty Re: ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress

Post  Cleaver Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 am

Is it Fulda time yet? No? Well screw it, I'll start work on it anyway...

I've got 3 screen printing projects in mind that Gavin and I will have to work on:

A. Fulda 2012 T-shirts! Nuke Alpha...'nuff said...
B. Not Fulda specific, but I've always thought VTAC dead rags would be cool...
C. I want a Soviet Flag. But not just any Soviet flag...it needs to have that VTAC touch to it. I've got some ideas...stay tuned...
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress Empty Re: ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress

Post  Church Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:14 am

any chance for some VTAC ink pens? I have an office to fill!....Just kiddin! looking forward to the fulda surprises you have in store! Love the idea of an annual shirt...new design and motto each year really captures the excitement of it all!
Church
Church

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:35 pm

kyle you and i need to get together to work on stuff. I has ideas that i need to put to paper/photoshop. and we would need a very large screen for that flag. Ill talk to chris about it when the time comes. But yes to all of the above.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Dragoncaptin wrote:kyle you and i need to get together to work on stuff. I has ideas that i need to put to paper/photoshop. and we would need a very large screen for that flag. Ill talk to chris about it when the time comes. But yes to all of the above.

Actually, my idea wouldn't need a huge screen...but I see where you're going with this. I was just going to make a Soviet flag, but instead of a hammer and sickle have a V and a T since the shapes are kind of similar (Sean's observation). From what I can tell Soviet flags really only used 1 quadrant of the flag space. You, however, seem to be thinking much larger scale. I like it...
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:31 pm

I demand seans face put into the flag like this image of stalin
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=joseph+stalin+flag&start=332&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1GGGE_enUS434US439&biw=1447&bih=758&addh=36&tbm=isch&tbnid=eCYAWZTPBljr6M:&imgrefurl=http://www.dictatorshop.net/&docid=VMNTCcOgy4cO7M&imgurl=http://www.dictatorshop.net/images/categories/stalin.jpg&w=405&h=405&ei=iqDjT_i5Ao-o8QSc5YTrCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=672&vpy=88&dur=1139&hovh=224&hovw=224&tx=126&ty=99&sig=108648492383319253479&page=10&tbnh=128&tbnw=125&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:17,s:332,i:163
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Maffyx Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:26 pm

Can we get laminated pictures of Greg?

Maffyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 pm

I second the Sean-Stalin flag idea.
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:01 pm

I can look very dictatorial if need be...
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:03 pm

I can be a dick... quite often
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:16 am

Did someone ask for a forum signature?

ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress Cleaversigtest2
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 am

That's awesome! Now I need a callsign...
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Fulda Gap t-shirt 2012 mark I. Feedback/ideas appreciated and welcome. I would like to have the final draft done by sept 24 so we can get orders straight and get the t-shirts at least a week in advance so Kyle and I can print them and such. For this idea it works best if the shirt color is actually black. I tried it being tan with a black square and it didn look as good to me. Let me know what yall think.

Front on Left, Back on Right
ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress 1a34a032

Last edited by Dragoncaptin on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:23 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Anachro12 wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:31 pm

AWESOME! With one question: Aren't black tee-shirts restricted to special units in NCAO games?
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Maybe for gameplay, but these won't ever be visible.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Oden wrote:
!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  nickrowe Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Papa Bear wrote:
Oden wrote:
!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nickrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:47 am

HOLY CRAP LOOK AT GAVIN AND I BEING PRODUCTIVE OR SOMETHING!

ACVT Art Department: Works in Progress Nukealpha2

This is the newest configuration that I'm sending to Mike. This better fits within the tolerances and capabilities of the equipment used to make these patches.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:56 am

Cleaver wrote:HOLY CRAP LOOK AT GAVIN AND I BEING PRODUCTIVE OR SOMETHING!

Personally its not productivity its procrastination of actual work. At least Im being artist with my procrastination.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:51 pm

I like the T shirt design, particularly the font on the front.

On the back, great idea. I'd personally like to see a little more emphasis on the 'nuke alpha' and 'fulda 2012' and less on 'danger, restricted area'. maybe even replacing the word danger with OP Alpha. Just seemed a little busy. counter thoughts?
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:07 pm

prob would look better without any words except Nuke Alpha and Fulda Gap 2012. The nuclear symbol and angled borders above and below look cool.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 pm

I've updated the ACVT forum signatures to be more current (read: took out "VTAC"). Let me know if you want one. PM me here or on Facebook or something.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  ACVT-Admin Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Is it out of the question to get ACVT patches like our old ones in time for Fulda?
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

https://acvt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next