Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches

+2
Prophet
Cleaver
6 posters

Go down

Would you pay $12 for an ACVT patch?

Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches I_vote_lcap100%Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches I_vote_lcap0%Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches Empty Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches

Post  Cleaver Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:08 pm

So I was thinking about how we need a patch update since the VTAC patches are now kind of useless. I've been exploring the idea of PVC Rubber patches. If anyone has seen my "Press" Patch, it would be like that. It's a rubber patch with velcro backing, very durable, waterproof, and can potentially have a 3D-like element to it. I've also never seen an airsoft group with rubber patches, so it's definitely unique.

The catch, of course, is that they aren't cheap. The provider I'm looking at says on their website that they do a 100 piece minimum, however I just emailed them and they said they would do a 50 piece run. The 100 piece run would be about $425 in total, and if we get 35 orders (like last time) it would bring the price to about $12 each. My best estimate for the 50 piece run would be $375 total, which brings it closer to $10 or $11 each. Note that all these prices are rough estimates and are probably ± $2

Linked below is a sample rubber patch:

Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches Bulletproofsecurities1

Discussion is welcome. By no means am I pushing this super hard, as we have reliable and cheaper options in heat-treated vinyl (think NUKE ALPHA patches). I just wanted to share this as a possibility.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches Empty Re: Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches

Post  Prophet Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:19 pm

I like it. It would be distinctive and 3D. I would like it if we could also get some of the square ACVT patches black on nylon, like Drew and Evan have. (but possibly a tad smaller)
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches Empty Re: Testing the Waters: PVC Rubber ACVT Patches

Post  Cleaver Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:46 pm

I think that's a good idea. Hivemind has always been good to us, and I already have a wonderful prototype ACVT small patch that Mike did for me (I had it on my gun at cool combat, you can see it in film and photos).
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 pm

well, you know me, I like things low profile and smooth, so I'd definitely dig a nylon patch over a rubber one
(there's also the cost factor I'm not really fond of either)
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm

I like patches. so I vote for all of the above. Some nice small ones (like the old square ones) maybe one of the shield in the vinyl (like that prototype you did). and ya know what Im not against an awesome 3d rubber patch myself. but if its gonna cost more anyway Im wondering if maybe we shouldn make it more of a backpack/front of rig patch rather than one that goes on the shoulder like the old shield did. just a thought.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 pm

if its a rectangle one, I would prefer the height to be half that of an admin pouch and the entire width, that way it still looks good on the shoulder (like how I wore my philanthropy patch). should be about the same size as a flag patch

I wouldn't mind the shield again though, or a chorded off circle. generally not a fan of button patches (very few exceptions)
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:22 pm

My thought would be using our existing designs...don't fix what ain't broke. Also, the nice thing is that we can get one-off vinyl designs, so IF we go rubber no one will be left out.

I would discourage rubber patches larger than the shields we have. Bigger means pricier per-patch cost, and less unit orders drive price even higher. Remember, normal order min is 100, I doubt they would go much lower than 50
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Always in for patches.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  nickrowe Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 pm

I would be interested in a rubber one and the nylon one.

nickrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down