Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tightbore M4 Barrel and length

5 posters

Go down

Tightbore M4 Barrel and length Empty Tightbore M4 Barrel and length

Post  EthicalSneak Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:24 pm

So I'm looking to get a new inner barrel for my short M4. I'm also wondering about getting a shorter barrel so that I no longer have to use a suppressor on it and the effects this would have on accuracy and range. How much would six inches (ish. I unfortunately don't have it with me and I've never gotten around to measuring it) less barrel reduce accuracy? Would moving to a tightbore from the stock barrel make enough difference that I wouldn't end up noticing?

I don't have any personal experience upgrading guns yet, this M4 is going to be my first project.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Tightbore M4 Barrel and length Empty Re: Tightbore M4 Barrel and length

Post  Dutch Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:33 pm

Barrels will effect your groupings while hop up will effect your range, so if you're looking to upgrade range look into upgrading your hop up.

Last edited by Dutch on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:37 pm

~~INBEFORESEAN~~

Barrel length has nothing to do with accuracy, really. If it does in airsoft, it is so minimal that it wouldnt matter. Range is mostly a sum of the forces applied by the hop up, barrel, and gearbox and accuracy is from the hop up and inner diameter of the barrel. Personally, I had great results just running the 6.03mm mad bull V2 black python barrels. They are cheap and pretty easy to come by. Got a cqbr length one from ehobby in 2 days that was 22 bucks + shipping.

If you wanna change your barrel, I say get the one I mentioned above from somewhere you trust. If you are worried about range.... work on your hop up. Your barrel really only helps with your consistent accuracy to a point. Your hop up will do most of the work.

I'm still running stock barrels in three of my guns, but they all have great range and consistency due to the hop up. As Sean will probably find the chart to prove the barrel length to accuracy ratio, I wont worry about it.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Slice Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Old School Airsoft Beliefs Here:

I use an insanely long 6.01 inner diameter 640mm length inner barrel in my SR25. It's also the most consistent gun I own.

Grain of salt, taken.

For the record, I've never tried one of these "R-hops" that I keep hearing about. I've got one being made, but I'm not convinced I'll be sold on it.
Slice
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Shashulfrashul Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Your inner barrel does affect precision though.
Shashulfrashul
Shashulfrashul

http://shenvallair.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Shashulfrashul wrote:Your inner barrel does affect precision though.

inner diameter. Not length
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 am

Thanks guys,
so far it looks like I'll be shopping for a 300 mm 6.03 tightbore and doing some research on hop-ups. I'm interested in R-hop, but I don't really have the technical know-how to install it. Although it doesn't look too expensive, it seems pretty intricate to do.

I really appreciate all the advice I'm getting. One of the great things about this club and this forum is that I know I can just ask questions like this and get good answers from people's experience.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:26 am

EthicalSneak wrote:Thanks guys,
so far it looks like I'll be shopping for a 300 mm 6.03 tightbore and doing some research on hop-ups. I'm interested in R-hop, but I don't really have the technical know-how to install it. Although it doesn't look too expensive, it seems pretty intricate to do.

I really appreciate all the advice I'm getting. One of the great things about this club and this forum is that I know I can just ask questions like this and get good answers from people's experience.

If you want someone to install and R-hop for you, I can do it. Just don't trust me on Mnubs yet as i havent quite figured out the best way to do it.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down