Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLUB LEGITIMACY AT TECH

+2
Bad Decision
Prophet
6 posters

Go down

CLUB LEGITIMACY AT TECH Empty CLUB LEGITIMACY AT TECH

Post  Prophet Fri May 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Ok so we have the ball rolling on NCOA to become a legit team. I know we had some of the paperwork to apply to tech. Does anyone know where that is? I know Greg and I, Gavin and Evan will be the main impetus to get this accomplished but where are we with that now? Looking for a sitrep and any help to get that going. This and the new field are our MOST important objectives at the moment.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

CLUB LEGITIMACY AT TECH Empty Re: CLUB LEGITIMACY AT TECH

Post  Bad Decision Sat May 12, 2012 1:49 am

Start of the new yer, get the club registration form from the office on second floor of squires above the doors close to the GLC. Its above ABP. Fill it out (it is a few short lines) and turn it in.

That is all that needs to be done now. Make sure there is a forwarding email address so that VT can redirect hits and questions to the said email.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Sat May 12, 2012 2:31 am

I am willing to volunteer my email for that point of contact.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Sat May 12, 2012 2:34 am

I advise making a yahoo email that the admins or, even better, that the named leadership all has access to.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Mon May 14, 2012 12:51 am

Isnt there already a vtac airsoft email? It says so in the VT database for clubs, might be a good one to use.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 am

i believe this is what drew is referencing:

https://banweb.banner.vt.edu/ssb/prod/hzsksorg.P_ProcOrgs?genre=%25&org_code=1011&button_in2=Submit
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Tue May 15, 2012 12:15 am

Yep thats it
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Tue May 15, 2012 1:10 am

Yeah, that was the email that I had used for a while.... but I lost the password for it when I never got any emails. They may just reset it for you guys.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 am

I think that is what we should try first (however not being an officer you can tell me to go pack sand), because we may be getting contacts we dont even know about right now. This is the email new people would be directed to which is why I think it should be kept, just my .02 cents.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  kalak Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Dutch wrote:i believe this is what drew is referencing:

https://banweb.banner.vt.edu/ssb/prod/hzsksorg.P_ProcOrgs?genre=%25&org_code=1011&button_in2=Submit

The address there was just an alias that pointed to someone's PID. Turns out that the alias is currently free. (well, *was* free). I put it as an alias to my pid, and can either give it up so someone else can have it, or I can have my mailserver send it on to appropriate officers, etc. (Aliases are on a first come, first served basis, so I can't really give it, but give it up and someone else which is hopefully an officer, picks it up.)

Pro of current state:
1. I work here, so I'm stable, and can keep the forward updated when new officers change over
2. I can use more complex rules than VT's just forward to one PID
3. I can actually set up a full mailing list, with archives and such on my server, so there can be multiple admins of what happens to the mail
4. It is airsoft@vt.edu, which "looks" more sanctioned

Con of current state:
1. I work here, so I'm unstable, and can be committed to a psychiatric institution at any time
2. It's back to one person having the mailing list, but I don't know how to get an @vt.edu address without a VT PACE account that requires a department head's signature, which would be great, since it goes to a VT mailing list that we could control, but I don't plan on ever being a department head unless there is a *LOT* more money in it.
3. I'm not an officer, why am I the one to get it?
4. I don’t have any more aliases, as there is a limit of 3, so I can't get vtac@vt.edu (or I could, but I'd have to give one up, and I can't give up the work ones, so I only have one to mess around with)

kalak

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:26 pm

This web page on tech's website tells us how to start a new organization. So if someone who is in blacksburg (or if it hasn been done by next friday when Im in town Ill swing by myself) could go to the the office and see if we cant get a form so we can get it filled out and returned that be great. I believe we need to be an official student organization before we can register for a booth at Gobblerfest so that may cause issues but Ill look into that and see what I can find out.

Tech Webpage here (<----Click me)
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 pm

If you can grab that Gavs that would be great. We can sign this weekend at OP sanctuary and get the ball rolling.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down