Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

club webpage

3 posters

Go down

club webpage Empty club webpage

Post  Prophet Fri May 11, 2012 9:44 am

I would like to have a non forum club page with a link to the form. It would allow us to have a place that would be our visible face to the public in general. Anyone know how to do this?
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

club webpage Empty Re: club webpage

Post  Oden Fri May 11, 2012 4:48 pm

we're given webspace by the university since we're an official club. I can make it happen as long as you don't want anything too fancy like flash (iirc we're not allowed PHP either)
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  kalak Fri May 11, 2012 5:46 pm

If we made a page on the VT hosting server, even with it's limitations, we may get more visibility. Plus, just like linking to the forums here from that page, we can link out to other servers that can do more than we can do on the VT space we officially have. A reminder that I work as a server admin and have one server that I set the policies on, and can generally install what I like. So if someone want to make it use flash, php, or sql (assuming none of these are allowed on the official club space), then they can make it, and I can host it. Heck, I can even make it related to my job to host it by putting it on my Faculty Activity Report (I'm technically A/P faculty as well as a grad student).

So, any designers out there want to go nuts?

kalak

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Mon May 14, 2012 4:41 am

we can have flash, it's just I don't know how to do it lol
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down