Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elections for leaders for Virginia Tech

+4
Dutch
Oden
Prophet
Bad Decision
8 posters

Go down

Elections for leaders for Virginia Tech Empty Elections for leaders for Virginia Tech

Post  Bad Decision Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Post up if you would like to be nominated for a position. Most votes get pres, then next is vice, then secretary.

For now, just post up if you would like to be one of the leaders. It is required that you be a VT student in good standing.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Elections for leaders for Virginia Tech Empty Re: Elections for leaders for Virginia Tech

Post  Prophet Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:33 am

I would like to nominate Kaleb, he is a fair player, dedicated to the sport and he is well liked. He grew up here and knows the area well. I feel he is looking out for the group and would be a great President. I dont know anyone else in the club I could give the same enthusiastic nomination for!
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Elections for leaders for Virginia Tech Empty Re: Elections for leaders for Virginia Tech

Post  Oden Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 am

Anachro12 wrote:I would like to nominate Kaleb, he is a fair player, dedicated to the sport and he is well liked. He grew up here and knows the area well. I feel he is looking out for the group and would be a great President. I dont know anyone else in the club I could give the same enthusiastic nomination for!

I second this and would like to nominate Sean, for he thinks calmly and thoroughly about his thoughts. Every staff needs a calm minded individual to help lead.
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:07 pm

I appreciate it and would love to accept Gene but I am way to crazy with Grad School. I will be happy to act as an advisor in any way.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:00 pm

**** MUST BE ENROLLED AT VIRGINIA TECH**** This is a VT formality. If we are to be officially recognized, the leaders (on paper) need to be Virginia Tech students with solid records and in good standing. The paperwork has to be filed within the first month of classes of the fall semester. So as long as the 3 selected leaders will be enrolled by that time, then all should be clear.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:56 am

I'll nominate myself. I have another year (at least) left till a graduate, so no issues there. I have some ideas for things i'd like to implement like getting us official club status, getting a constitution, establishing a set list of rules, keeping up with chrono'ing, safety briefings and a couple more things floating around in my head.
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:21 am

I'd +1 Greg for a position. I'd also +1 Gavin, if he is so willing.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:47 am

Id support greg as an officer.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:36 am

Kyle I would have to refuse the office of president but I wouldnt refuse any other. Only got thesis left and you know how hectic that can be. If stuff came up like it is currently Id be less than helpful to the club and that would just suck. I am with Greg though that Id like to see us get officially recognized next year and would like to actually try and get out to gobbler fest and start getting our name/sport out.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:20 am

Id also like to nominate Evan .
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:44 pm

I'll be running for one of the lower offices. There are certainly more qualified people to be leading this club as president, and several have been nominated so I don't believe that's an issue. That said, I'm more than willing to sink in several hours a week towards our organisation. I've been with the club for about a year now, and attend games on a regular basis. As an officer, I could be at games to enforce safe play, waivers, chrono guns, etc. on a regular basis. I'm willing to file and maintain paperwork, or even club fee's if we come to that (think field usage). I support adopting a safer mindset, both physically and in the public view.
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:58 pm

What do you guys think, cut off date for putting names in say next friday?
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:18 pm

How about lets give it to the person that finds us a place to play. Right now thats all that I care about.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 pm

For the officers-on-paper needed by VT we have offerings by Evan, Gavin, Drew, and Greg. Looks like we have our Pool. No one else has posted up. Cut off to put your name in is next friday as greg said.

As far as VT officers go that are not affiliated with Virginia Tech, I should be graduating in the fall (hopefully) and may not even be here come next spring. All i can do is help out in the background with a few things. But, the club will need officers like what Gene suggested and that is what we need to work on next. We need 3 points of contact for the school to legitimize our club, and then we need officers to keep everything going smooth and keep the club in line as well as make a good name for the club to the public. There is more, I am just super busy and this is all im posting. Good luck, candidates.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:51 pm

count me in...
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Since Sean is running I'm stepping down, Greg and Sean are better men than I am and are certainly more fit to run this club count me out.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:45 pm

alright seems everyone interested has put their name in, can we get a mod to get a poll posted for voting to take place?
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down