Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Franky' - DMR Build

2 posters

Go down

'Franky' - DMR Build Empty 'Franky' - DMR Build

Post  Seenie Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:43 pm

I had stuff laying around, decided to try some science.I call her Franky:
'Franky' - DMR Build F7PgyuW

She's got a lot of work left to be done, but I want to catalog this project from the beginning.

As for parts, I have a crap load of random parts lying around from my DSG project, so i was pretty much able to get everything i need out of my box o' stuff.
I am going to r-hop it which is always fun  Rolling Eyes

'Franky' - DMR Build N4A5ghE

So here's the beginnings of her 'new' gearbox
Has some random gears in it, a 'swiss-cheesed' aluminum piston (deal w/ it  Cool ) and I'm also trying out using some silicone sealant for helping with the seal between the cylinder and cylinder head, I use to use teflon tape, but I wanted to see if this worked better, will also try this in the DSG.

I'm gonna be swapping out my specter from my DSG to this so I can get me some of that pre-cocking Very Happy

Last edited by Seenie on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

'Franky' - DMR Build Empty Re: 'Franky' - DMR Build

Post  Seenie Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:38 pm

So, today started getting the r-hop all together, the barrel I ordered was way to small (derp) so I was like yolo and decided to use a brass barrel I had laying around, I polished the inside so it's nice and shiny.

'Franky' - DMR Build VZHVJzo

Also, started working on getting the outer barrel attached to the upper-receiver, found a nice lil pipe fitting that does the job perfectly, still gotta decide what kind of rail system I want to use, after which I'll shave down the fitting to make it work with it.

'Franky' - DMR Build WyGUJ1c
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Got the stock attached finally.

'Franky' - DMR Build AVhWv3s

I had to hollow out the inside, it had a lot of 'scaffolding' in it that I had to get rid of so that I can but my big ol' battery in there.

'Franky' - DMR Build 6IPQ77t

I'm going to permanently attach the stock to the lower receiver and smooth it out to make it look like one solid piece.

Got some parts coming in the mail, hopefully she will be up and running in about a week.
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:56 pm

Finally got the Jb Weld on the bad boy, decided to be lazy and just use that for securing to the lower. If it breaks off, I'll spend time and actually anchor it to the lower using grub screws.
'Franky' - DMR Build RjLAjvd

Tomorrow I'll start shaping and stuff to get it too look good. I look forward to using copious amounts of Bondo to achieve this.
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:04 pm

Put two coats of Bondo on today:
'Franky' - DMR Build BQwvjur

Globbed a bunch on for the first coat, ended up having a lil dips that were too deep so I had to do a second coat of it.
'Franky' - DMR Build XcJdkNr

Gonna let her setup overnight, smooth her down in the morning, then apply the first of many coats of paint to it.
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Smoothed her out:
'Franky' - DMR Build Z6MBhmY

Then I painted:
'Franky' - DMR Build 1DZYxip
'Franky' - DMR Build GUdvEZj

Gonna play around with an idea I have for painting part of the stock, will post pictures when done.

The biggest part of this project has been for the most part completed (yay.) Now I have to grind down the pvc coupler so that the RIS can slide over it, then I just have to throw a coat of paint on the coupler, and then paint the outer barrel to match. Might also paint the upper receiver to make it blend nicely. As for internals, gearbox didn't get delivered yesterday so hopefully it will be here tomorrow, shouldn't be too hard putting everything together after that. She should be good to go for OP: Night Fire.
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:49 pm

PLEASE DONT USE APS INTERNALS!!! FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING!!!
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Bad Decision wrote:PLEASE DONT USE APS INTERNALS!!! FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING!!!

DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Actually, I'll post pics on internals later tonight when I open her up to clean out bits of piston teeth. Got her some of those fancy siegtek gears and a fancy retro arms gearbox.

Edit: Oh also got one of them there Chimeras in her too
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down