Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday Feb 9th 2013 10am

+11
Dutch
ACVT-Admin
Frothy
Kothra
Partizans
nickrowe
Church
EthicalSneak
Dragoncaptin
Cleaver
Prophet
15 posters

Go down

Saturday Feb 9th 2013 10am Empty Saturday Feb 9th 2013 10am

Post  Prophet Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Date: Saturday, Feb 9th, 2013
Time: 10am (usually ends around 3:00pm)
Weather: Right now it is slated for 51 degrees and sunny!

Special attention will be given in this game and coming games to get beyond our "skirmish" tactics and start to use real military tactics and a more violent aggressive approach. Come prepared to hustle and engage the enemy with ferocity.

If you haven't signed the club waiver of risk already, please bring a signed copy to the game, where an admin will accept it. You CANNOT PLAY until you sign this wavier (an admin will bring a copy to the field)

Only post if you plan to show.

Sidenote: Be prepared to carry everything with you for a 15 minute walk. Make sure to have your guns convered so that no one can see them. Either use a gun bag or wrap them in something securely like a jacket that is tied off. We don't want any complaints coming back to the Rangers or to Law enforcement. We are doing great so far. Let's keep it that way.

Some people have been wearing shooting glasses. It is within your right to do so but a retention strap is required! Without a retention strap it becomes too easy for glasses to fall away from the eyes, leaving them unprotected.

Attention will be paid to keeping downtime to a minimum. Please come prepared and when downtime occurs, reload and get ready in a prompt fashion to help keep delays down.

Make sure to bring water. It is an absolute necessity and without it you are not going to be happy.

Please do not litter the field or leave belongings. We have been granted permission to use this field by park rangers, and we must maintain our integrity with them, and our environment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rides/Carpools/Procedure

We will be meeting at Sean's at 9:30 if you want to carpool (105 Lucas Dr.) or 10am at the field. If you need a ride and/or cannot make it to the carpool meeting spot, that can be arranged with our numerous drivers. Just make sure to post below that you need a ride or there may not be someone to pick you up! When you arrive at the field, we will put all gear in one of the trucks and drive it to the gate. Please load trucks from the back, not the sides, we dont want to scratch them up. We do not want to attract public attention so put all weapon like objects in a case or wrapped in something. Everyone must also park at the Caldwell fields lot. No cars may be parked on the main road (621) and no cars may block the gate. If you don't know where that is please message an admin or make a post here saying so.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Saturday Feb 9th 2013 10am Empty Re: Saturday Feb 9th 2013 10am

Post  Cleaver Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Yus!
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm

there.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Will be there, possibly +1 again.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:23 pm

should be there now, elbow feeling a lil better. Will just be careful, dont want to miss any more games!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Church Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:57 pm

There
Church
Church

Back to top Go down

Post  nickrowe Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Will be there

nickrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  Partizans Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:27 pm

mm yees )
Partizans
Partizans

Back to top Go down

Post  Kothra Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Plan to be there.
Kothra
Kothra

Back to top Go down

Post  Frothy Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:11 pm

Will be there.
Frothy
Frothy

Back to top Go down

Post  ACVT-Admin Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Will be there. If possible, can I get a ride, either from my place or from Sean's, doesn't matter.
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

https://acvt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:19 pm

realized I forgot to post, I will be there
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  kalak Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 pm

I'll be there

kalak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:44 pm

May have a +1, I've got someone interested.

I want to do a true BioHazard game. I bought some orange soda a few weeks ago, but we've not yet been able to use my metal case and the soda in junction with each other. Could make for a good...and tough...game!
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bunion Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:37 pm

i'll beee there
Bunion
Bunion

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:39 am

I have work at 9am, but I should be abl to be out by 10am and on my way to the field.

Just like Kyle, I too want to play the Biohazard game. it worked out well last time and I wouldnt mind doing it again. Also, I have the locks already packed in my jeep so we can finally play the locks game again if anyone is up for it. We just would attach the locks to the Conquest flags, I guess?
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Ill go ahead and start this AAR. First, great day gents. It was fun, and I'm now tired as hell which is diffidently a good thing.

Tactics
I was initially concerned about this but it went over better than I had expected. The talking part seemed like it may have been a little long but first time is always rough. The game worked but I think it needs some tweaking. Personally I think the game would work better if the teams were made up of 3 or 4 man cells that you worked in, and each cell was on its own. This will allow you to move better and make it obvious that anyone who isnt on your little squad is a target. Also I think the 5 second time should be extended. I personally found myself running into gunfire simply because I had to move. It might be easier to move with more people as well as only one person needs to move at a time. I would also like to see a 'lessons' thread pop up in our tactics section that talks about the things we went over that day so in the future people can look at it and catch up or refresh their memories and also itll be there for the future of the club.

First Game
I cant remember what kaleb called this one but I rather enjoyed it. Kinda sad the rescue team never made it to us so we could extract but even still there was a point when we had to decide if we should stay in cover or engage to try and help our rescuers. Personally I think this would be a great game to run in preparation for an op as the rescuers really have to work together to make it through (as was shown). also I think it would be nice if maybe the opfor started out in a fixed location and not as spread out to give the rescue team a chance to sneak more. Game should def be typed up and added to our lists.

Hazmat
Personally In love with the game (also Ive won all four times Ive played so Im kinda bias). I think the respawn may need to be tweaked a little to allow the attackers more manuverability but at the same time since the game is centered around hit and run it could work where it was. It was diffidently far enough away this time as when I respawned I felt I had more than enough movement and wasnt being instantly engaged. Looking forward to playing this one again too.

Virus
yea. Awesome game. Not much to say here. Enjoyed playing on the other side of the path really like it over there.

General
I think it would be great if we created a basic schedule for the day. Nothing specific just someting basic (see below). But it be nice to have something to hold ourselves to so we dont have a whole lot of down time. I felt the day ran smoothly enough but there were a few times when the time between games kinda lagged on and since we did have a bunch of people leave at 2 it woulda been nice if some of them coulda played that game with us. I felt we started about as on time as we ever have things just lagged a little bit at the top. Having people load up before shortened the time some but it only really works if everyone is ready. Also it be nice if on friday we could post which games we were playing so that we dont end up carrying stuff up there that we dont need. I like the idea of people suggesting games it just be nice if they were suggested earlier in the week and we picked the most popular to play.

Schedule idea:
meet 10:00
walk up 10:10
briefing 10:30
tactics lesson 10:40
tactics game 10:50
First game 11:30
second game 12:15
third game 1:00
fourth game 1:45
Fifth game 2:30
etc.

I think that's about all I got. Good stuff.

Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:30 pm

Agree with most everything but don't think the tactics talk was very long. Maybe it was 5-10 min max? And a set schedule is not really feasible with varied game times, people becoming lost on the field etc. the important thing is that everyone arrives on time and is ready to go then doesn't take a long time loading in between games. Even travel time back from different parts of the field makes a time schedule hard. And some games happen so fast it ends sooner.

What we can say is:
1.When a game ends hustle back at a decent pace.
2. Pay attention during briefing.(was pretty good though this game I think)
3. If you get eliminated early load up while waiting.
4. Arrive on time in the first place and be organized and ready.

That being said I thought we got in a good batch of games and people left happy. I would consider the day a success, especially with the large number of people playing.
Again lets get more comments from others besides admins and officers! This is your club too guys!
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  k30 Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Bit of an AAR -

Time taken for the tactics bit seemed fine to me for both the talking and the game. I don't really think we could've shortened the talking part much without missing information, plus it included explanation of the first game.
Other briefings went well, I felt.
I do agree that a set schedule may not work so well, especially with games where teams are walking back a long ways.
Going along with that, I think the idea of letting enemies 'slit the throats' of downed guys is a good idea, as it'd free up hopelessly downed guys (e.g. the rescue force) to go back and reload.

Overall, enjoyed this week's games a lot. One of the better game days I've been out in a while for sure.

k30

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 pm

AAR:

I liked the short tactics section, I don't think it took too long and I think the first game incorporating it went very well (Barring the bit where three squads from the same team ended up hunting each other towards the end).
Hazmat was great fun, Resupply/Rescue mission was enjoyable even though we got caught and cut up, and overall I had a great time. I look forwards to future weeks with all you guys, and hopefully will continue to bring some friends and try and get them involved in the club!
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down