Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Longer Barrel

+2
Slice
Acid
6 posters

Go down

Longer Barrel Empty Longer Barrel

Post  Acid Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:28 pm

So I am considering buying a longer barrel since I already have a suppressor. The Max length that would fit inside is a 550mm. Is that too long of a barrel?

Acid

Back to top Go down

Longer Barrel Empty Re: Longer Barrel

Post  Slice Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:02 pm

I have a 640mm barrel in one of my guns. No such thing as too long of a barrel, as long as you understand how long and unwieldy the actual gun will become. But if you already have the suppressor on it then you should be used to it already.
Slice
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Acid Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:23 pm

It won't screw up the pressure or fps if it's too long?

Acid

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:27 pm

While "barrel suck" is a myth, it is still important to have proper air balancing. Bore-up kits are a scam, however at that length you'll probably need a non-ported cylinder.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:44 pm

while bore up kits are over priced it could give you more non pressurized travel time for the piston in shorter barrel set ups (iirc)
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:00 pm

550 should be ok with normal full cylinder but why not just run a 509? What benefit are you looking for?
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Acid Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:06 pm

I have no idea all i meant was 550 is the longest i could get. I want my rifle to be more accurate.

Acid

Back to top Go down

Post  Slice Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Perfected hopup and consistent compression will be the biggest boosters to accuracy. Everything else is a moot point if those aren't 100% good to go.
Slice
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Acid Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm

haha well i need a new barrel regardless becasue the one i have is to tight and bb's just plop out. And I dont really know how to do that other stuff

Acid

Back to top Go down

Post  Slice Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:15 pm

"Too tight and the bbs just plop out"

Something else is wrong. Your barrel might need cleaning, or something else is fucked up, but your barrel can't just be "too tight". I run a 6.01mm tightbore, they don't GET any smaller of an inner diameter than that, and people who have played at Afton can attest to the destruction that gun can rain down. If BB's are just "plopping out" I'd say your issue is probably hopup or compression related at the least, possibly even more stuff is screwed up.

tl;dr: A new barrel won't fix your issues. Something else is screwed up.
Slice
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:29 pm

probably piston head compression. but I would go 509 max on a barrel. 455 is a great length. If they are plopping out and didn't before, I am thinking you need a new piston o ring. Cheap fix. List all your chandes from stock set up and be specific on the symptoms. I remember we were talking about this before but refresh my memory...
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Acid Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:18 pm

all my chandes? im assuming you mean changes. And i have a 6.01 tight bore barrel and i have new piston and hopup. NGOB fixed my gun when it had some issues before and i dont remember what type of hopup bucking. I am completly clueless about all of this

Acid

Back to top Go down

Post  ACVT-Admin Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:49 am

Yeah, something else definitely is wrong. When I test fired it, BBs weren't pooping out, so it's possible the hop-up is at fault. I'll fix that when I get back to tech.
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

https://acvt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Acid Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 am

OK sweet i will hold off on buying a new barrel until then.

Acid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down