Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conflict (Ghost Recon inspired)

2 posters

Go down

Conflict (Ghost Recon inspired) Empty Conflict (Ghost Recon inspired)

Post  Church Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:53 pm

No lie...just woke up from a nap and this hit me. Will need polishing but food for thought and play!

During Conflict Mode in Ghost Recon Future Soldier two teams are presented random objectives that differ in task and each may yield a reward that benefits the team that captures the objective.

Ex. One objective may be to cap a supply crate that gives you ammo (In Ghost Recon its incendiary ammo). As soon as the supply crate is captured and held for X amount of time another objective is raised in a different location. That objective could be an EMP blast that knocks out electronics (this could be simulated by eliminating use of red dot scopes or comms) of the team who failed to capture the point.

Clearly this potential game mode could use some help. The best way I see it played out is to have two teams and then 2 or 3 guys to help play the game out. I will refer to the 2 or 3 guys overseeing gameplay called "Command".

"Command" gets the fun part in "hiding" the objectives as well as seeing the game played out and could even take pictures! I have several feet of camo netting that ammo crates filled with bioshots could hide under or an EMP antenna could be hidden under. The only time an objective is active is when a member of "Command" establishes it as a valid objective. This could be down with a megaphone or loud shout revealing the area in which the objective is located. At this point the camo netting would be removed and the new objective revealed by "Command".

As stated before, the idea was based around the gameplay of a video game so polishing is to be expected. Those of you have played the game...what other objectives could we come up with?
Church
Church

Back to top Go down

Conflict (Ghost Recon inspired) Empty Re: Conflict (Ghost Recon inspired)

Post  Cleaver Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:25 pm

So what's the end game condition?
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Church Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:20 pm

aaaah left that tid bit out. Feel like out of 5 total objectives, the team who caps and holds best of five wins.

I don't know how better to play that out...maybe some kind of 5 min. time limit on each objective and if one team controls it for the entire 5 min. they are awarded a point. If the other team can over through their defense they are awarded a point....not sure what would be best.
Church
Church

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down