Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer loadouts!!!

+3
Cleaver
Maffyx
Papa Bear
7 posters

Go down

Summer loadouts!!! Empty Summer loadouts!!!

Post  Papa Bear Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:25 am

This thread is for posting your kit for when it gets HOT!!!! Try to provide an explanation as well to pieces of gear as it may help others rearrange their gear.

Here are pics of what I am wearing tomorrow at ballahack (June 9th)

Summer loadouts!!! Photobucket-4154-1339210615369

I am running crye g2 pants with a underarmor heat gear longsleeve shirt. The reason for this shirt instead of even a breathable combat shirt is it simply breathes better and longsleeves for protection from ticks etc.
Im running a 6094b with pouchesto hold ammo and a hydro pack. Why a plate carrier you may ask? Its made of 330d as are the pouches which is super light and breathable (lighter than my 550d lbt 1961 in multicam was) and offers greater protection in MOUT environments which is where I play. I am running an insulated hydro pouch to keep my water cooler longer as hydration is key in high heat situations.
The helmet is an OPSCORE FAST Bump which has slots for breathing, the reason I wear a helmet again is for protection in cqc, which coincidentally why I wear gloves.

For weapons Im running a dboys scar H with variable times zoom spectre dr so engage targets far away and up close quickly/efficiently.
I am also running my we glock18 for up close encounters in a raven concealment holster, I highly recommend this holster as it super light weight as well as amazingly comfortable and can hold a light as well (very few holsters do this well), professional shooters such as Chris Costa and Travis Haley run these for their light weight and rugged kydex construction.

I cannot wait to see what you guys have to show, This thread is for all players and we can all learn something new from each post! Lets remember to be respectful of others gear choices and preferences, rude behavior will not be tolerated.

Last edited by Papa Bear on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Summer loadouts!!! Empty Re: Summer loadouts!!!

Post  Maffyx Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:34 am

I wear all the things regardless of temperature.

Maffyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:43 am

Come OP time I plan to have a combat shirt. Time will tell whether or not I invest in ATACs or not...if it's not that then it will be a MultiCam combat shirt (most in the club have one of these). Nothing special on the pants. For a rig I'll be using my J-Tech harness. I like it because it has integrated M4 pockets but allows for molle additions too. It's relatively low drag being as all the utility space is around the torso; there's nothing at chest level besides the harness straps. I'm hoping this helps with the heat a bit. Hydration carrier will also definitely be a necessity in the coming months. On my head will be my shemagh. It doesn't actually get too super hot, plus it protects my pearly whites! Works well accompanied with full seal goggles (such as your typical ESS). I did, however, figure out a way to secure the shemagh quite well in just a half-protection scenario (so only around the mouth) which would allow me to use a boonie instead, which I think might be even better for high heat situations.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:00 am

Good post Kyle! Come op time you should definitely post pics so others can see you're loadout
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  GckMntr Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:43 am

I usually try to avoid plate carriers and body armor from the start of June until the end of August. Plate carriers are more weight and they are far less breathable for my upper body. Generally I am fine with that, but in the hotter months it is more obnoxious. I stick mostly to belt kits and chest rigs during those months.

I break out my Vietnam gear a lot in the hotter months.

1) It's very functional this time of year. This is the closest we ever get the jungles it was designed for.
2) The gear is lightweight. It's a belt kit with water and ammo. It's plenty breathable, since it is all focused on your waist and not up around your upper body.

I generally blouse my boots. However, in the hot months I do something I learned in ROTC. I unblouse them and roll them up to just below the top of my boot. This helps get air flowing up past my legs and is much cooler. If you unblouse them but don't cuff them, your pants will probably still trap heat in. Cuffing them gets them up off your boot and makes the opening a little more rigid for air to get in. The trade off is that it also makes you more susceptible to ticks and other bugs than blousing.

GckMntr

Back to top Go down

Post  itsahak Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:10 am

I wear the same thing pretty much year round. During the summer months I trade out the cold weather coat liner, longs sleeve t shirt, and top cover for a simple underarmor type shirt. However being the cheap-o that I am, I rarely by UA stuff, but opt for the Starter brand. You can get the Starter brand for about $10 at Wal-Mart. I've got 4 of them that I wear under my body armor for work every day and after 4 years their still kicking.

For gear, I run the Eagle industries Multi Purpose Chest rig. During the hot months I add a Camelback type rig on the back. During the colder months I run a canteen on my belt.

Like Tom said, I tend to ditch my faux armor from June till about Sept - Oct...

Summer loadouts!!! TomnWilAfton414
itsahak
itsahak

http://www.theedgeforlife.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GckMntr Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:01 pm

That image above is probably the lightest load I've ever run! I plan to break that out more in these hot months.

GckMntr

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:51 pm

I always run faux armor... and lose weight from sweating like mad! HELLO DEHYDRATION!!
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 pm

I understand your reasoning Tom/ Will I generally try to avoid armor in the summer too, however this rig is so light even with my fake plates in there. Tom will attest to its lightness, he's held my pc before. So yes it is generally a good idea to not wear a pc in the summer, however I am maklng an exception with my lbt 6094 take that with a grain of salt. The belt kits and chest rigs are certainly great options!
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  itsahak Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:53 pm

I didn't mean, and I hope I didn't come across as saying my preferred rig is "the way". I was only posting what I use. My load out doesn't even change during the winter, other than the hydration and layers. I'm very much into "wear what you want" for airsoft games. My buddy from Team OP4 wears a full Juggernaut load out no matter how hot/cold it is.
itsahak
itsahak

http://www.theedgeforlife.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:09 pm

itsahak wrote:I didn't mean, and I hope I didn't come across as saying my preferred rig is "the way". I was only posting what I use. My load out doesn't even change during the winter, other than the hydration and layers. I'm very much into "wear what you want" for airsoft games. My buddy from Team OP4 wears a full Juggernaut load out no matter how hot/cold it is.

No you didn't at all. I just felt the need to explain why i wear that particular rig. I dont think you can be condescending Will, its not in your nature.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:49 pm

itsahak wrote: My buddy from Team OP4 wears a full Juggernaut load out no matter how hot/cold it is.

Hahaha. Mike. Nice.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Summer loadouts!!! Empty Hot and Steamy at XK

Post  ElGato Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 am

been aching to put together a basic '80s-'90s ALICE loadout...this is what I came up with.
Summer loadouts!!! 102_0731
I had some pretty sweet war paint going but we took pics at the end of the day and I guess it all got rubbed off by then. Also, for those who haven't seen it yet, here is my sweet new GHK AK-74
Summer loadouts!!! 102_0732
We chronoed it with .36s and it was shooting 310 fps. I made some beautiful, clean shots with it throughout the day.
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:11 am

Bob those pics are awesome best ones yet that ive seen keep up the good work!
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  GckMntr Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Bob, those pictures are truly outstanding. I've always loved the 90's stuff.

GckMntr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down