Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas Shells for Real Guns

3 posters

Go down

Gas Shells for Real Guns Empty Gas Shells for Real Guns

Post  warwolf Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:11 pm

This is the WarWolf, New to Virginia Tech. I'm working on a project to make/modify co2 shells for use in real firearms. The idea is to use something like APS co2 filled shells from their shell ejecting sniper rifle and modify them to fit in something like a Taurus Judge. I have a hunch that the firing pin will have more than enough force already to release the co2. Might need to put a casing around the shells though so they position correctly and stay tight up against where the pin will hit. I have a judge available and am trying to get my hands on some APS shells. Might be awhile though. Just putting this out here if anyone else wants to try it. Obviously there are some problems with bringing a real gun to a field so this is just an experiment for now. Also looking at the possibility of a 12 gauge shotgun. Have an old double barrel I'de like to test. I will most likely need to modify the barrel of the judge to increase range on the shells. Otherwise they will only be popping out of the barrel and I imagine the results would be anticlimactic. Excuse my grammar. Updates will be posted as I acquire materials...
warwolf
warwolf

Back to top Go down

Gas Shells for Real Guns Empty Re: Gas Shells for Real Guns

Post  KoopaTroopas Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

I can pretty much tell you right now, bringing a real gun to the field is a terrible idea and I would strongly recommend against it. Too many legal and safety issues.
KoopaTroopas
KoopaTroopas

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucifer Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Agreed, even if it isn't firing regular bullets we still have a policy of no real weapons out at the field. I'd say take it up with Seenie if you want the official club opinion, but I'm with Koopa in recommending heavily against it.
Lucifer
Lucifer

Back to top Go down

Post  warwolf Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:06 am

Got some PPS c02 shells. Confirmation, they do work in all 12 gauge shotguns providing the weapon is not semi auto.(they work in the semi auto just not the way they are supposed to, you have to assist the bolt on the way back making it more like a pump.) Getting 440 FPS with a single load and about 150 foot range. About 270 fps with a full load of 6, nice spread too.

Concerns on using a real or modified weapon have been noted. Will not be using this at the field. might get a replica flintlock or something to modify if I want something unique. The shellls are each a self contained barrel mag and trigger. All you need is something to hold it and hit the button on the back.

warwolf
warwolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down