Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elections for 2012/2013 year???

+2
ElGato
Papa Bear
6 posters

Go down

Elections for 2012/2013 year??? Empty Elections for 2012/2013 year???

Post  Papa Bear Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:17 am

Didnt we used to do elections for Vtac President and stuff?
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Elections for 2012/2013 year??? Empty Re: Elections for 2012/2013 year???

Post  ElGato Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:35 am

I don't seem to remember one in the last year. Who is the current president?
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

Post  ACVT-Admin Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:37 am

Elections were done informally. How it has been done in the past is the president is voted and then he picks other officers, with the suggestion of other members. It is usually decided upon how much involvement the person has on the team (not just forum, but in the field).

Zach Litten is our current president. Another president will need to be elected at the end of this semester to carry us into the next year.
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

https://acvt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:39 am

Ok cool, just didnt know how the process works thanks for filling me in Smile
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 am

I'll stay admin, but I have already told people I am stepping down from being President. For the forms filed with VT we need three officers. I will not be on that form anymore. President just makes you the figurehead and contact point for Virginia Tech. As it has been for the past two years... pretty much any admin has acted as President.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Bump

We need to get on this. As zach said, we need to establish at least 3 officers and hold general elections. I figure President, Vice president and secretary/treasurer/both, or any other position people feel is needed. Once we get set officers for the upcoming year they can get to work on things such as helping with this field situation that has arisen so it's not all placed on Zach's shoulders. We also should look into drafting a constitution and other little bits and pieces like keeping up with chrono'ing and waivers as well as safety briefings. I have ideas bouncing around in my head.

How does everyone feel about me posting a thread for people to post up about wanting to run for officer positions?

Also don't take this as me bashing the current administration, Zach has stated he will no longer be the president following this semester so we need to find officers.
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:43 pm

I can probably host an election for acting members to become admins or to fill the position. Like I said, I'm done with it. I cant be on the form anyway.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  k30 Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me. I feel that we should also lay out what the responsibilities are for each position so that A. people know what they're getting into, B. the buck stops at a definite point for a given responsibility. I have a few ideas to start, but that's all I'm throwing them out there as, a starting point. Obviously they'll need further development and consensus.

President: In charge of contacting, VT, VTPD/Blacksburg PD, the Forest Service, or whoever else needs to be contacted, in charge of safety briefings/checks/etc, ???
VP: In charge of safety briefings/checks if the president isn't there, and I don't know what else. I'm hesitant to put "helps the president do his job", since usually that just translates to "does nothing."
Treasurer/secretary: Manages club dues/field fees/etc, waivers/permissions from authorities, don't know what else.

k30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down