Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTTW: Light Discs / Dead Lights

3 posters

Go down

TTTW: Light Discs / Dead Lights Empty TTTW: Light Discs / Dead Lights

Post  Oden Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:57 pm

Within the next month I plan to make a run of Light Diskettes and Dead Lights for those that would like some. I plan to make them cheaply but still durable. If enough people are interested this project can go really cheaply for people (once I build a parts list). Current speculation is at about $5 per unit if less than 10 are made. Options will include:

Battery type of choosing (battery not included...though can be ordered as well), AAA, AA, coin (preferred)
LED Color: White, Red, Blue, Green, IR, UV, RGB (will cost extra)
Delayed Fuse 5s, 10s, anything really

For Dead Lights I plan to use Red LEDs and flexible frosted fiber optic tubes, though this design can be altered, I figured this would be the easiest option.
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

TTTW: Light Discs / Dead Lights Empty Re: TTTW: Light Discs / Dead Lights

Post  itsahak Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:15 pm

Gene, I have no clue what that means. Do you have picture for those of us that are not engineers?
itsahak
itsahak

http://www.theedgeforlife.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:22 pm

For the light disc, imagine a 2 inch wide, half inch tall hockey puck with 4 LED lights on it.  When you flip it on, it waits 5 seconds then lights up.

For the dead light, imagine a reusable electronic glow stick (can either be a the thick kind or the skinny party noodle kind).  I know these are available at walmart, but I was hoping to make them so that they don't use that annoying (sometimes expensive) cell battery.
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Frothy Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:21 am

Down for the dead light idea.
Frothy
Frothy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content