Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team intro

+19
Seenie
Kothra
Dutch
timxninja
Rexer
itsahak
kalak
Daniel_Hunter
Slice
Dragoncaptin
Oden
Shashulfrashul
Breaker
EthicalSneak
Church
Cleaver
ElGato
Papa Bear
Prophet
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Team intro Empty Team intro

Post  Prophet Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:05 am

My name is Sean and I am a PhD student in microbiology. I have been with the team for over a year now and consider myself the resident mad scientist. I love to learn about the mechanics of AEGs, primarily M4s and variants. I was in the national Guard as an m60 gunner for four years and a rifle team leader for two additional years. I also play a lot of xbox and love my Rottweilers.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Team intro Empty Re: Team intro

Post  Papa Bear Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Im Drew, Id reckon Im the resident loudmouth, I like having fun and shooting peeps. If you ever want to talk kit look no further.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  ElGato Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:05 pm

My name is Bob.
I'm a senior in Navy ROTC/the VTCC here. I go sea on my first ship in May. I may not come back (to blacksburg).
I mostly do Namsoft, but I have an East German kit and a VBSS kit. All you need to know is that when you see the M60 come out, shit's about to get real.
Before games, I huff the souls of corps freshmen and drink cheerwine. My name is El Gato because my Mayan spirit animal is the housecat. Also because I once ate a live mouse. Last summer, I got drunk with Colin Powell. My great grandfather used to build southern railroad steam engines with his bare hands. I'm a history major; history is for cool people. If Jimi Hendrix had a speed dial, I'd be #3 on it. I can chase down a rabbit and turn it into a skunk by biting its ear off. The Beverly Hills Cop movies were based on my autobiography. Last summer, I worked as a limo driver in Bulgaria. If you want to know more about me, do 60 REAL push ups, type my full name into google (vadm Reinhardt Scheer) and then cut your eyes out before my essence devours your liver*.

*may not be factually accurate.
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm Kyle.

I like to charge headfirst into dangerous scenarios...I get shot a lot. I have a habit of collecting broken guns (but I can fix them, I swear). Sometimes I like to run around with a camera. I'm also an architecture major, so I take care of the club's more artsy needs. While I am graduating May 2012 my work will keep me as a permanent resident of Blacksburg, so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Church Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Good to hear that you have become a townie Kyle!

Because that is my role! I'm Kaleb and have lived in Blacksburg my whole life...I'm that guy! I graduated from RU Fall '11 with my degree in H/PE, Driver's Ed, with a minor in Biology. My science studies have me eager to continue...I was enrolled to continue studies at VT this semester (Spring '12) but had to withdrawal from the semester for financial reasons....LAME! I find myself as a "support rifleman" ready to move to help teammates in need! My battlefield views are based on a quote from Battle LA...."RETREAT?....HELL!"
Church
Church

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:16 am

Now that I don't have to follow the tough act that is Bob's introduction, I'm willing to post my own.

I'm Keith. I play all-purpose rifleman/BB fodder. I like to move fast; whether that means suicide runs to arm/disarm the bomb, or swift and silent around a flank.

I'm also glad this was posted everyone (myself included) changing names when the forum changed has left me at a loss as to who is new and who isn't.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:49 am

Hello, I'm Evan and I'm a Computer Science major. I'm into martial arts, linux systems, and running with some of the guys weekly. I've been playing with VTAC for a year+, and have been to a couple of OPs. I try hard to make it to every game weather permitting. I'm an amateur tech, and currently have the back closet of my apartment open for gun storage. if you're on campus, shipments to my place are fine too. I go by Ranger Smash because I have a knack for breaking gun internals.

You get 30 achievement points if you let me handle your weapon and it doesn't malfunction.
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Shashulfrashul Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:31 am

Hello all. I'm Matthew Wilt, a.k.a Shashulfrashul (if you can pronounce it). I am an undergrad Junior studying Computer Science here at Virginia Tech. I have a couple guns, and am still a nub. I planning on coming out as much as possible, but money and projects are a huge encumbrances. Also, apparently we are all supposed to post in this thread. Huh.
Shashulfrashul
Shashulfrashul

http://shenvallair.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:12 am

I'm Gene, I had something witty to put here but instead I'll just put:
Team intro 387px-The_End
resident old guy, uses outdated gear, bones creak and therefore dislike moving (and I'm lazy)

Sleep
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:20 am

Oh hey look I still have the same name!!! It be Gavin. Id be the other architecture major here (currently studying abroad in Switzerland which is really killing my airsoft time). Anyway Id be the resident support gunner. Love just spraying bbs downrange endless laughing as everyone ducks for cover and my team mates move in for the kill. Also if you ever see a green beret floating through the woods its probably the last thing you see....because attached to it is my beautiful l85 that really likes shooting people in the face.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Slice Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm Jesse, the resident cranky old bastard of airsoft. I've owned one of pretty much everything over the years, including some rather unique pieces such as the Deepfire M72 LAW. I tend to pursue more "kit-based" airsoft where I build impressions of real setups, trying to get the details right, rather than running around in whatever suits me that day.

Lately I've fallen into the DMR/sniper style of play, as evidenced by the fact that I own a STAR AW-338, a Real Sword SVD, three SR25's (one in parts), and a long-barreled Armalite platform.

Gun types I've owned over the years (in no particular order, in no way is this a complete list, nor does it take into account multiples): M16/M4, AK, M700, VSR10/Gspec, MP5, G3, Uzi, LAW, M79, M203, AICS, SR25, Sig 55x, SCAR, M60, M249, M14, pistols of all shapes and sizes....like I said, pretty much everything.
Slice
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel_Hunter Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:34 am

My name is Daniel, and I'm an alcoholic.

Daniel_Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post  kalak Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm Jackie, the student who has been at VT so long they gave me a job (really, undergrad started in '89, Master's a few years later, and am now officially ABD in Instructional Technology). My job is a system administrator for Distance Learning (don't blame me for Scholar, or Banner, or most anything you might think of). I've been in town long enough to be the real old fart (ChairSoft anyone?). I'm in my 2nd year of the club, and I hope get more trigger time this year. I've been known to drag my teenage son with me when I can convince him (he likes shooting me for some reason).

kalak

Back to top Go down

Post  itsahak Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm Wil. I have technically obese, and clinically overweight. I know nothing, am nothing, and have done nothing. I like to shoot plastic bb's at people, and seem to be a magnet for them coming back at me...
itsahak
itsahak

http://www.theedgeforlife.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Um Will i think you described me, you know stuff like being nice
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Rexer Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:55 pm

I'm Marc. I was in VTAC a few years ago, but I stopped playing due to the high course load of undergrad engineering. Now I'm a PhD student (electrical engineering) who is done with course credits, and I hope to get back into airsoft. I carry a TM P90, and I love it too much to use anything else. I look forward to seeing this new field you guys managed to get. Here's an old pic I found of myself that someone took during a game-

Team intro Airsoft
Rexer
Rexer

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Welcome aboard mark!
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:13 pm

HOLY CRAP IT'S MARK!

Long time no see! Welcome back!

...I missed youuuuuuuuuuu
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Awesome, see you at the field this weekend!
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:15 pm

omgwtfbbqsos! I haven't seen you in ages! and lol I know that picture, Ian is using you for cover behind you haha
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Rexer Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:21 pm

lol yeah, i cropped him out
Rexer
Rexer

Back to top Go down

Team intro Empty hey everyone

Post  timxninja Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Hey Guys,
My name is Tim,
I'm a junior business economics major from northern NJ.
My Guns: Well M70 Sniper, Well R8 G3A3, Umarex P99 GBB, S&T Tavor-21, UHC Super 9, and the classic .357 Raging Bull.
My main game style is a low profile marksman. One Shot One Kill.
I'm researching some AR's but I still prefer my G3 for CQC.
I have not been on an official team before, but I have constructed and practiced on a field about 3 acres X 5 acres that supported 5v5 skirmishes.
I look forward to playing every weekend with you all.

timxninja
timxninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:43 pm

Welcome to the club Tim!
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Welcome Tim, looking forward to meeting you