Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firing Range Opportunity?

Go down

Firing Range Opportunity? Empty Firing Range Opportunity?

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:00 am

I posted this question to Pistol and Rifle Club at VT but did not get anything. I think this is because firearms are a bit (or actually very) sensitive.
But I will ask here since I saw pictures of range days from ACVT facebook page.

I will leave the states on Dec 22 and really want to get an opportunity to use a firearm at the range. I do have some experiences; I just want to have some fun. I do not own any firearms and if I want to borrow a firearm from Roanoke firing range, I need to be at least 21, which I am not currently (but still over 18). Thus, if I want to have some experiences, I must go to a range with someone with a firearm. The range I am thinking is the range next to where airsoft game takes in place.

I was hoping to do this on 19th or 20th like that. So far, I tried 9mm, .45, 12 gauge, and 16 gauge. I really want to try a rifle.
I am really looking for a safe, legal, and fun shooting at the range after the Finals and before I depart the states. I will pay for the ammunitions and gas if necessary.

Let me know if anyone have thoughts. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Firing Range Opportunity? Empty Re: Firing Range Opportunity?

Post  Thomas Doe Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:47 pm

I wanted to do this too, and for the roanoke range, I've been there once, they somehow accepted my under 21 ID and let me rent their pistols. But i think that's only because the guy that was managing the range at the time didn't think it's a big deal, they have another person working there now, he apparently won't let me rent anymore.

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:01 am

Ah, so it seems like there is really no one can help. I was really hoping to have some fun at a range before I go back. I will just have to wait a bit more and see if something comes up. I will turn 21 on this coming April. I guess I can wait until then, but I can try only small arms; I rather wanted to try a rifle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:41 pm

If you are still interested, I am heading to my friend's school in Ohio during spring break, they have a shooting range there that has all kinds of rifles, and you can shoot rifles under 21 and above 18.

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:51 pm

Also it's a 6 hour drive if you have a car, but I don't have a car yet so i'm most likely flying.

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Thomas Doe wrote:If you are still interested, I am heading to my friend's school in Ohio during spring break, they have a shooting range there that has all kinds of rifles, and you can shoot rifles under 21 and above 18.
I do appreciate, but that sounds like a detailed schedule needs to be set up.
Any more information about it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down