Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FNG here. Excited and recklessly unprepared.

Go down

FNG here.  Excited and recklessly unprepared. Empty FNG here. Excited and recklessly unprepared.

Post  Chex_82 Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:51 am

Hey crew, my name is Nick.
I was playing way too much DayZ when I came across this video: youtube.com/watch?v=mowP3DCh8Ow This and videos of CQB courses got me super psyched to try airsoft for the first time. I talked to a couple of friends I knew that had been in the club, and now here I am!
Airsoft sure has come a long way from the cheap plastic ones I remember breaking a lot of in my childhood. Luckily, being from Alaska, I've handled a lot of real firearms in the mean time and also tried paintball a couple times, so I'm not totally out of my element. I'm hoping that airsoft provides longer range gameplay (with more accuracy) and more realism.
I plan on loaning gear my first couple of games until I'm sure that airsoft is for me. Once I'm sure, I'll be geared up real quick. There is nothing like spending hard-earned money on a new hobby.
I look forward to meeting all of you and getting shot a bunch.
Cheers!

Chex_82

Back to top Go down

FNG here.  Excited and recklessly unprepared. Empty Re: FNG here. Excited and recklessly unprepared.

Post  Breaker Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:10 pm

Hello Nick, it's good to have you. We do indeed have loaner stuff for new guys and can point you at some good sources for gear. Hope to see you out there tomorrow!
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum