Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for gear, any suggestions?

+2
Kothra
Thomas Doe
6 posters

Go down

Looking for gear, any suggestions? Empty Looking for gear, any suggestions?

Post  Thomas Doe Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:59 pm

I'm thinking about a g36c AEG, and I found those options:
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9599
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Tokyo_Marui_Other_Series_Tokyo_Marui_G36C.htm
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_Umarex_Umarex_H_K_G36CV_AEG_DE.htm
And if you guys have other recommends (not just G36c) plz tell me, thanks!

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Looking for gear, any suggestions? Empty Re: Looking for gear, any suggestions?

Post  Kothra Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:30 pm

There's also the slightly longer G36K, with a built-in scope here, though from what I've heard it's not an amazing scope or anything. Even if it were, I'd still recommend getting some backup sight to mount on top of it, like this:
Looking for gear, any suggestions? 610xyv

And then I just kind of have a personal thing against the G36C just because it's the one you see everywhere rather than any of the other versions.

Matt a.k.a. Frothy is kind of the resident G36 expert I guess. I think he has the Umarex G36C but I don't remember exactly.
Kothra
Kothra

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Yup, definitely will look into G36k. At least don't need to buy another scope lol

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:47 am

I found a few links of g36k but most of them were out of stock. There's one in redwolf but mags are out.

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:54 am

I can has be resident G36c expert too!

Here's an option too if you're looking for something a bit more unique that looks like a G36.  It's complicated, but I figured I would mention it anyway.

Take one of these:
MTC Series

The guns in the above link accept M4 style magazines...though there has been debate on how well that actually works.  M4 mags are plentiful, quality, and cheap, but by all accounts I've read they tend to not feed very well.

Luckily, looks like you can acquire one of these:
G36 Magwell

That will allow you to use G36 mags, which are not as common, but I believe most will say will likely feed better.

Here's a video for reference:
MTC Magwell Conversion

NOTE! This process may be more complicated than you desire.  Unfortunately G36k's are tricky to find in this day and age so you have to get creative.

I would also advise against shopping at Redwolf Airsoft.  They are a fine company, sure, but you will pay a lot of money to ship the item here.  Use sites like AirsoftGI, Evike, Amped Airsoft, and Airsoft Atlanta, as all these companies are within the United States.

EDIT!
Here's my G36:
Looking for gear, any suggestions? Dsc_3410
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:27 am

Thanks! And I just found one on evike with similar price as the MTC link you gave me.
http://www.evike.com/products/37097/
And found the mags at the same site too
http://www.evike.com/products/32981/

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:05 pm

That package should work.

You're also going to need batteries and a charger. The gun will come with both but I recommend you don't use either.

Airsoft retailers have high prices on such items, but if you're looking to shop at all the same place here are some ideas:

Battery
Charger

And maybe this Battery Bag for safety.

See if you can find the dimensions of a 9.6v Nimh Battery and compare it to the given dimensions of the battery I have listed. G36s have notoriously small battery compartments, a LiPo will make your life easier so long as it's smaller.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:24 pm

Thanks! And I don't need a charger if I use the lipo in that link you gave me. I also play quadcopters, so I already have 7.2-11.1 lipo balance charger. As for the bag, I think I can 3D print a battery case instead. Good call on that battery.

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:17 pm

Battery bag is meant to improve safety while charging, as there is a very small chance of fire while charging lipos. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are present while the battery is charging. Maybe put the battery in a metal pot to contain any accidents if you're worried about it.
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  HKFanboy Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:14 pm

I have a very old vest you can have. It's nothing high speed but it will work

HKFanboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Once a battery's structure fails it can readily cause rapid oxidation which cannot be stopped by simply unplugging the battery. I suggest a battery bag even if you sit around and watch it. A battery bag is usually made of flame retardants, which will contain the flames inside the bag and limit the oxygen source to the battery. A lipo fire can possibly be an electrical and eventually chemical fire, so spraying water on it will do nothing. You're best bet to combat a lipo fire will be to use the battery bag and have a proper fire extinguisher to flood the bag with the foam, close the bag, bring the bag to a proper location to be disposed of (not the trash can / dumpster...the reaction could possibly continue if reintroduced to the air).
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:44 am

Then I'll get one more for the 11.1v lipo I'm using for quadcopters now. Thanks for the advice.

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:29 pm

HKFanboy wrote:I have a very old vest you can have. It's nothing high speed but it will work
Do you have a picture?

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down