Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just another new guy

3 posters

Go down

Just another new guy Empty Just another new guy

Post  Thomas Doe Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:24 am

Hi! I love airsoft but I never had the chance to play it on the field back in China (it's illegal in China). So glad I found you guys here! I'm a engineering student and I have a 3d printer in my dorm room so if you guys need a cheaper option for gears (FPV Mounts etc.) just ask me! I DONOT PRINT GUNS OR ANY GUN-LIKE PARTS SO DON'T BOTHER ASKING ANYTHING ABOUT THAT! That's the bottom line. And thank you guys for taking me in!

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Just another new guy Empty Re: Just another new guy

Post  Thomas Doe Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:28 am

And by the way, my official name is Minzhen Du. "Doe" has the same pronunciation as my last name in Cantonese. tongue 

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:03 am

Hello and welcome to the club Thomas! Always good to see new faces. I am Evan, a game admin. Feel free to pm or post questions in their relevant threads. We have a game coming up this weekend, hope to see you out there.
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Breaker wrote:Hello and welcome to the club Thomas! Always good to see new faces. I am Evan, a game admin. Feel free to pm or post questions in their relevant threads. We have a game coming up this weekend, hope to see you out there.
Yeah I saw that. But I have a mandatory immigration session this Saturday at 1400, I don't think I can go this week. I can come next week. I don't have any gear since I live in the dorm, so should I at least get a shooting glasses or a mask and just borrow the rest on the field? And I saw the waiver thing, how do I complete it?

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:50 pm

We don't have scheduled practices that must be met. Just come out, play, and have fun when you can. For the waiver please print, sign, and bring to the game. A game admin or officer can get get it from you there.

To clarify, you don't have any of your gear with you because you're staying in the dorms, or you don't have any gear? Many club members stay in apartments and would be happy to help out with gun storage. If you don't have gear, temporarily or otherwise, we have loaners in the club including eye protection. If you intend to bring your own please take a look at the rules posted under ACVT games to see what we require for your safety.
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Doe Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Breaker wrote:We don't have scheduled practices that must be met. Just come out, play, and have fun when you can. For the waiver please print, sign, and bring to the game. A game admin or officer can get get it from you there.

To clarify, you don't have any of your gear with you because you're staying in the dorms, or you don't have any gear? Many club members stay in apartments and would be happy to help out with gun storage. If you don't have gear, temporarily or otherwise, we have loaners in the club including eye protection. If you intend to bring your own please take a look at the rules posted under ACVT games to see what we require for your safety.
Thanks! I don't have gear because I'm staying in the dorms, but I do have protection gears now. And except for all gun-like gears, what else I can't keep in the dorms? Can I keep camos?

Thomas Doe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:41 am

Uniforms and protective gear are OK. Anything even remotely resembling a part of a firearm is not OK.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum