Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Workout Regimine

Go down

Airsoft Workout Regimine Empty Airsoft Workout Regimine

Post  Cleaver Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:07 pm

So Gene and I sort of had this discussion, but I mostly had no idea what he was talking about so I forgot everything. Here's an effort to get it recorded FOREVAH!

Anyway, the charity game last weekend kind of kicked my ass. Not a lot, but I'm still definitely kind of sore. Fulda Gap REALLY kicked my ass to the point of immobility the next day. Both games I experienced debilitating cramping.

Once I graduate and begin working on a normal schedule I figure I'll have time to actually do some kind of exercise. I don't really care about muscle tone or whatever the ladies like these days, I mostly just want to be fit like I was in high school when I played soccer and frisbee and stuff. Therefore I figured I'd might as well do some sort of workout plan that caters to playing airsoft.

However, considering I've never "worked out" a day in my life (aside from sports practice) I wouldn't really know where to begin. I would assume a lot of cardio, but I don't imagine that would be it. Airsoft requires lots of rapid movements, quick changes in position, and maintaining compromising body positions for extended periods of time (mostly crouching), all the while carrying at least 20 lbs of stuff. I feel that's not something one can necessarily improve by just running around a lot.

As I said, I don't really know where to begin. Gene had a lot of good advice, but I know there were a bunch of you that did a workout thing for a bit. This information might be a nice thing to have for others to check out later.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Airsoft Workout Regimine Empty Re: Airsoft Workout Regimine

Post  King_of_the_Rats Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Buy(who am I kidding just download them) Enter the Kettlebell by Pavel and the Art of strength work book. Then purchase a 35 pound kettlebell. The minimum program is designed for ~20-25 minutes of activity. Mix in a few miles running per week and it's a solid routine that's sustainable and easy to do while being very motivating. I have a few other work sheets for various other kettlebell stuff that I can put out there if need be, but ETK and AOS are the best by far. AOS takes ETK and puts in a work sheet form while giving some basic instruction, while not designed together, they work together flawlessly.
King_of_the_Rats
King_of_the_Rats

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:21 pm

I have team 10s regiment at my house on paper we can mix some of them things it was quick stuff and since im no bad ass operator we lowered the number of reps of each routine I was able to keep up and it worked well. What Matt said is good advice kettle bells are great if used properly. (look at the fatass giving work out advice)
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:47 am

For legs workouts Ive always found that plyometrics works best. It may not be the best cardio workout in the world but for simple leg strength nothing tops it. Back in high school we'd do it sometimes early season as distance runners. And let me tell you nothing works your legs better. We'd run 9 mile workouts, and dozens of hill sprints and I didnt think those were half as bad plyo days. But thats just your legs. When it comes to upper body i just do pushups and pullups...lots of them.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum