Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VTAC Patches

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

VTAC Patches Empty VTAC Patches

Post  Cleaver Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:10 am

No, I've not forgotten.

Here's where we stand: We have designs. We have quantities and prices. We're ready to go. I know some numbers shifted here and there, I'll probably do a final count over Spring Break. Between now and then I'll pull the numbers from the old forum so that we're all on the same page.

I want to clean up the design a bit. Things aren't quite symmetrical and some elements are a bit messy for my standards. This requires me to recreate the patch in a CAD program (something akin to AutoCAD). From there I can fill in all the details in Adobe Illustrator.

TL;DR look for big news after Spring Break. I have no plans for travel and will likely remain in Blacksburg. Posting this here will give me incentive to do it during that time period.

Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

VTAC Patches Empty Re: VTAC Patches

Post  Papa Bear Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:12 am

Cleaver wrote:No, I've not forgotten.

Here's where we stand: We have designs. We have quantities and prices. We're ready to go. I know some numbers shifted here and there, I'll probably do a final count over Spring Break. Between now and then I'll pull the numbers from the old forum so that we're all on the same page.

I want to clean up the design a bit. Things aren't quite symmetrical and some elements are a bit messy for my standards. This requires me to recreate the patch in a CAD program (something akin to AutoCAD). From there I can fill in all the details in Adobe Illustrator.

TL;DR look for big news after Spring Break. I have no plans for travel and will likely remain in Blacksburg. Posting this here will give me incentive to do it during that time period.

please do!!! id love to have some before the end of this semester dont know if I'll be returning and want to show these off at work!!!
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  ACVT-Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:47 am

Yes, I'm looking forward to getting VTAC patches. We'll have extra on hand as well. It is possible the club may be able to use them for revenue to buy BBs for the club or something as well.
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

https://acvt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:50 am

The good news to everything is that:

A: Buying 50 is cheaper than buying 38, or whatever the numbers were.
B: More patches...jubilee!
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Really looking forward to this, kyle. The excess of patches would probably sell to those members of the club that join later as well as members of VAF that have played with us. I know Tim said he would love to get his hands on a patch or two from VTAC.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:13 am

Wellllll...I kinda went home and didn't get a chance to really contact the company this week BUT I've been slaving away this Friday night on the cleaned up version of the larger patch. It's mostly the same, but you may find that it comes off as a bit sharper, the horizon on the sides disappear, the text is more uniform, and I managed to add "club" at the top. Also, everything is ZOMG PERFECTLY SYMMETRICAL. Just compare this patch with the forum's banner at the top.

Final version of small patch is to come, I don't expect much, if anything, to be different.

If you see anything overwhelmingly offensive please let me know so I can fix it over the weekend, otherwise I'll begin communications Monday.

VTAC Patches Bigpatchfinal

For reference here is the small patch. Unless anyone says anything differently the only thing you'll notice different is that the VTAC Logo will be much cleaner and not pixelated since I actually recreated it in a CAD program.

VTAC Patches Vtacpatchsmall
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:07 am

yay kyle!!! Woooo symmetry.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:56 am

I'm currently in email conversations with the company, making sure everything designed is up to spec. Seems that I have to make 1 change (border has to be 1/8") and we'll be all set.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:57 am

Awesome great job Kyle
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:25 am

It's official: Patch orders have been placed!

I guess the process now goes that they should send us production samples then we go from there.

Looks like pricing is going to be simple: $5 a patch. Those on my list get first dibs, but if you missed out there will be plenty extra.

Final designs (could still change depending upon what the embroiderer says...)

VTAC Patches Vtacpatchez
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:20 am

Here is the list from the old forum. I know it's not 100% but it's close enough.

VTAC Patches Patchlist1

And I'll make a note once I print it out, but maffyx requested 1 of each.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:22 am

sounds good will have money for ya
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:29 am

Nice. I was gonig to put that 20 I have in the bank, but bank?... Your hand? Virtually the same thing.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  hmonay Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Yay thanks Kyle!

Do you have paypal?
hmonay
hmonay

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:18 am

I do have paypal, though no one has ever payed me over it. There are exceptions regarding those out of town, but otherwise if I'm going to give you your patches in hand I'd much rather have cash. I know paypal takes money away for purchases...or something? I don't know.

I'm not super hurting for cash, payment can really wait until the patches are in hand. But if Paypal is what must absolutely be done then so be it.

Also...if anyone can shed light on this whole paypal payment thing I'd be cool with that. I know I've given money to Sean, that's really all.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:17 am

^^^ if you use the "gift" option in paypal, then it doesnt take any money out. But for such a small amount and how close we are, cash would almost work better. I will pay you in case, in any case.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Maffyx Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Looks good to me, let me know when and where to pay and its done.

Maffyx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Pre-Production Samples:
VTAC Patches Patche10

2 notes:

1. There is no longer a gradient in the foreground of the large patch. This decision was made under the recommendation of the embroiderers. I would be inclined to respect their opinion regarding ensuring the utmost in quality.

2. The small patch is supposed to have a dark green border, not black. I have already notified the embroiderers and they have made note to change it.

Please look over them and let me know if you see anything else. I think they look pretty damn spiffy. Kinda wish we could have had that gradient, but it's key to remember that we're dealing with threads here, not pixels.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Looks damn good
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:46 pm

I know this is really relevant but I just noticed....I thought you had planned to put two little cross thingys at the top two corners of the shield as well as the bottom. Did it just not look good? Did we have this discussion and I am just forgetting it? Though It does look excellent without them im just curious about it is all.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:44 pm

It's been a long time since they've been in a draft...even the original files I found seemed to lack them. Maybe we just discussed it? I don't really remember them too well...
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:55 am

Yea maybe it was just a discussion. Oh well to late looks good anyway.

on a side note and not to threadcrap but did we also discuss making a spring run of t-shirts? Maybe that should be discussed in pm's...or another thread.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:59 pm

I really have way too much on my plate right now to even think about organizing a shirt run. Fall maybe, not now.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:05 pm

I kinda like how it went last year (Even though I didn't get one), doing the T-Shirt run for Fulda in the fall.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Order Confirmed. Allow 7-10 Business Days for Shipment. I'd say expect them first week of April.

Now...regarding payment:

I think the easiest way for me to do this is for you to come visit me. For the next few weeks I'll basically be living in Cowgill Hall. I'm usually there from 2-5PM, then from after I eat dinner until I can't hold my eyes open anymore (or I get bored). Usually, that means until about midnight.

Naturally I'll bring the patches to the games, but for those of you who we don't see quite often...yeah...you come find me.

Cowgill Hall is directly behind Burrus. It's 4 floors and is one of the few buildings on campus that doesn't have Hokie Stone (because we're cool like that). I reside on the 1st Floor on the half closer to Hancock. I sit next to the big windows. It's a big open space, it won't be hard to find me.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum