Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Considering the m249

Go down

Considering the m249 Empty Considering the m249

Post  Serantys Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Hey guys, I love playing with the m4 but I was playing around with the idea of getting a second gun for another role, sniping doesn't really interest me but support with a m249 or m60 sounded kinda fun. Before I spend the money I was wondering if anyone had one that was going to be playing recently that wouldn't mind me trying it out or would consider selling. I'll use my own BBs and battery so you don't have to worry bout that since I heard those things eat a bag of BBs.

Thanks for the consideration
James
Serantys
Serantys

Back to top Go down

Considering the m249 Empty Re: Considering the m249

Post  Papa Bear Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:19 am

I should have one for you. Be advised you'll definitely want a GOOD sling. Feel free to talk to me anytime about MG's I have had my share of them.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Killem Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:50 pm

I have no personal experience with the M249/M60.

But, from what I've heard about owning and operating machine guns for airsoft is be ready to spend money. I had a friend who had one and he was constantly dumping money in it for better internals or just replacing parts. I'd love to operate a M249 but that's what scared me away from it. Again though, know this is second hand knowledge.
Killem
Killem

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:57 pm

Since none of the others seem to be posting I guess Ill jump into it. I dont know anything about the m60 (Sean and Gene both have them though) I do know about the m249 though. I can say that the newer A&K ones are well worth the money. They have pretty awesome stock internals (other than the hop up) and I had zero problems with mine. Some of the guys had problems with the box mag breaking down (always fixable) but I never had such problems. I can only really say good things about the 249 really. It did eat through some ammo but it can also be conserved relatively well if you can manage to keep your bursts down. Somewhere round here is a SAW gunner bible you should read through. Its got a bunch of tactics and such in it that are rather awesome.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum