Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendly reminders

3 posters

Go down

Friendly reminders Empty Friendly reminders

Post  Dragoncaptin Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:53 pm

I hate to be the one to have to post this but there were a few things that came up at today's game that need to be said. No name calling, no calling anyone out. I'm just saying.

Calling hits.
This shouldn't need to be said but here it is. CALL YOUR HITS. I know everyone needs to be reminded sometimes, and sometimes we just dont hear it or fell it or whatever. But please if you think you were hit just call it. We play most of our games with respawns anyway so most the time you just have to take a short walk and your right back to shooting people no big deal. Its just airsoft. No one is really dying and its more fun for everyone if you play it fair and honest. And just for the record, hits count if they hit any part of your gear or body. This means arms, legs, hands, ears, backpacks, plate carriers, helmets goggles, etc.

Overshooting.
Did this myself (sorry Kaleb). Not blaming anyone just a friendly reminder. Try not to do it. Fire in smaller bursts. Listen closely for people to call themselves out, and call yourself out loudly please it'll be better for everyone. Also if your not sure if a person is out or just waiting to be medic'd just ask. Look for the tell tale 'totally not being aggressive and am bored outta my mind currently' look to their face before you squeeze the trigger. No one likes getting shot in the face, a lot, repeatedly.

Safety Kills.
These are for everyones safety and enjoyment. If you get withen MED you have to offer the safety kill. I know sometimes you get close and the other person suddenly shifts and you get jumpy and pull the trigger but don't. This goes with the overshooting, fire short bursts when you're close. Also you can only ever safety kill 1 person at a time. So if you happen to sneak up on three, don't offer them a safety kill. Back up out of the MED (or just back up cuz its the nice thing to do) then fire away. If you safety kill one person the next person in the group has the right to simply light you up, assuming they aren't inside their MED. At which time you would be dead and need to go back to respawn or wait for a medic to come save you.

Once again, Im not trying to call anyone out. Just trying to bring up the issues that we had today so that we can resolve them and remind everyone that airsoft is a game of honor. We're just trying to make it fun and fair and safe for everyone. Thank you for your time.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Friendly reminders Empty Re: Friendly reminders

Post  Prophet Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 pm

That is a great and necessary post Gavin. Remember if you dont call hits you will get a reputation for that. That also means that besides losing respect from club members, people will also tend to overshoot you because they will assume it takes more bbs hitting you for you to call it.

There is another thing. If we are at a travelling game not calling hits is even worse than at home. If you get us a bad reputation at travelling games you will face a suspension from the club. If you get caught at a milsim game they will also ban our team for six months to a year. If the happens the person in question will be banned for double the time the team gets banned. Which means you pretty much will be done with airsoft with ACVT.

Also, if you KNOW you hit someone and they didnt call it. I dont mean assume, but you actually saw and or heard bbs bouncing off of them then you have a responsibility to alert an officer in attendance after the game and they will pull all people involved to the side and the event will be discussed with those people. It is important to resolve these things right away.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Church Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:01 pm

momma always told me...."honesty is the best policy!" In the game of airsoft where there is no paint splatter...you have to be honest. Award a nice shot...call yourself out. Swallow your pride and go respawn! I hope that this does not lead to a club wide "HEEEEY!!!! CALL YOUR HITS!" That is the most annoying thing ever. Pretty sure I called a ricochet hit a kill today because I was uncertain of its path...but I did get to respawn!
Church
Church

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum