Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gun Tech Night, Saturday, October 6th

+2
Rexer
ACVT-Admin
6 posters

Go down

Gun Tech Night, Saturday, October 6th Empty Gun Tech Night, Saturday, October 6th

Post  ACVT-Admin Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:55 pm

Michael and I are hosting a gun tech event at our apartment on Saturday, October 6th (this Saturday). This is a general event, where you can bring anything that is broken, and we will attempt to fix or diagnose. You may also bring your own items to repair here, while some experienced help nearby in case you get stuck. We have plenty of table space for multiple people to work, and lots of tools to go around, though bringing your own is recommended. We will also be showing techniques for teching, offer general advice, and answer any questions you may have about your gun, equipment, upgrades, repairs, and whatever else you may be wondering. Between us, we have experience with AEGs and GBBs, and spring sniper rifles.

I will be cooking Korean BBQ for dinner that night as well. No event is complete without food.

Post below if you are interested so I can get a head count.

Time: 6PM-11:30PM, Saturday, October 6th
Where: 1835 Grayland Street, Apt 5

Last edited by NGOB on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

https://acvt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gun Tech Night, Saturday, October 6th Empty Re: Gun Tech Night, Saturday, October 6th

Post  Rexer Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:22 am

will there be a working chrono? Laughing
Rexer
Rexer

Back to top Go down

Gun Tech Night, Saturday, October 6th Empty Re: Gun Tech Night, Saturday, October 6th

Post  ACVT-Admin Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:35 am

Yes, I have a chrono to test the FPS of anyone's gun. It is an essential tool for airsmiths because installing the upgrade parts doesn't guarantee best performance if they aren't installed properly and there's an air leak. So just because you throw a 400 FPS spring in, doesn't mean you're shooting that!!
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nickrowe Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:30 am

I wouldn't mind just showing up for that awesome BBQ Very Happy

nickrowe

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:11 am

I may be coming with my fubar g36c, as long as you all promise not to laugh.
Some of the pot metal pieces are kind of falling apart... But for some reason I still want to get it shooting.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rexer Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm

I don't have any broken guns, but I want to chrono different combinations of barrel length and cylinder type for my p90. Also, I bought some systema bucking, but it refuses to fit inside my stock TM hopup chamber (bucking outer radius seems too wide). Perhaps someone else can give it a try.
Rexer
Rexer

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 am

I'll be there. The trigger for my m249 has a pretty good dead zone that I wouldn't mine getting fixed. Also need to chrono my pistol as I do believe its shooting a little hot.
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim aka the cloud Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:20 am

I'm in. And ill bring some drinks. If that's ok?
Tim aka the cloud
Tim aka the cloud

Back to top Go down

Post  ACVT-Admin Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Non-alcoholic only please
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim aka the cloud Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:52 pm

NGOB wrote:Non-alcoholic only please
yea. guns and alcohal never go good togethere
Tim aka the cloud
Tim aka the cloud

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Tech night was a great success. Arrived with three guns: Two whole and functional, one in parts and non-functional. Left with three guns: One whole and functional, two in parts and in need of more work.

The good news is both of the 'needs more work' guns are now (after a few more hours) operational/performing better than before.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down