Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gobbler Fest

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gobbler Fest Empty Gobbler Fest

Post  Dutch Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Alright guys, we plan on doing gobbler fest this year to help spread our name around. We are working on securing a booth where we will have flyers, pictures, possibly some gear. What we need are people to be out there. Gobbler fest is Friday, September 7th 4-8pm.

I would also like to have a couple guys dressed in camo and gear walking around handing out flyers. That being said ABSOLUTELY NO GUNS/MAGS/GRENADES/FAKE IEDS/ANYTHING OF THAT SORT. That should be a given but we absolutely can't have that happen.

So we need volunteers to man the booth (if we can get one) and we need a couple volunteers to wear camo and gear to pass out flyers. Please post if you are interested.

Last edited by Dutch on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Gobbler Fest Empty Re: Gobbler Fest

Post  Dragoncaptin Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:37 pm

If we get a table we can also put out the pretty shirts Kyle and I printed. Also speaking of Honey boo boo, I need help making up a flyer for the people in gear to hand out.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:26 pm

I still have some left over Table Cards from, like, 2 years ago. Should still have the design too somewhere on my computer. But yeah, Gavin I'll get with you, we can figure something out.

Also, I should note that the date is Friday Sept 7th.

Also, I can probably attend. May be out of town, not actually sure, but if I'm not out then I'll be able to help.

Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Cleaver wrote:

Also, I should note that the date is Friday Sept 7th.

edited, thanks for catching that
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 am

I wouldn't mind being at the booth, since there's been a history of people asking more serious questions that I don't have problems talking about (ie. gun control, war, etc.) and if anyone at the booth doesn't want to answer those they can just shove it off to me, if I haven't jumped in to save you already.

We also need to make a display board, and it wouldn't hurt to call the PD to let them know our general area and activity. Anyone going to be in gear, I advise you to change into your cammies on location (just pants and boots are fine, then throw the top on on site), and don't have your rig or face paint on until you are at the booth.

I have two kits to choose from:

SEAL/SOG
Tigerstripe
M-56 rig
Coral Shoes

PMC
Black polo,Coyote Cargo Cotton Ripstop Pants
FDE RRV
Boots? Shoes?
VT Hat? XDM Hat?

if there's only one or two of us, I'll wear the SEAL kit, if there's alot, I'll wear the PMC kit
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 pm

There's no odd gray area about us dressing up in our impersonations is there? I only ask because I'm assuming the Corp is going to be there and I don't know whether or not the potential for confusion could hurt our image...
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:50 pm

I think because of our school we will always be confused with them. We will just have to explain to them...
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:13 pm

corps wont have on rigs i dont believe. They might even be in dress uniforms which would be hard to screw up with camo. then again they might be in their new fancy multicam uniforms....in which case confusion will be rampant.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:39 pm

Dragoncaptin wrote:corps wont have on rigs i dont believe. They might even be in dress uniforms which would be hard to screw up with camo. then again they might be in their new fancy multicam uniforms....in which case confusion will be rampant.

Answer: Wear AOR1/2.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:45 pm

Exactly. Multicam should probably be avoided for this one. Very Happy
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  ACVT-Admin Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:27 pm

I believe the words you are looking for is: "Where are our guys with ACU?" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

https://acvt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm

NGOB wrote:I believe the words you are looking for is: "Where are our guys with ACU?" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Or DPM.
Dragoncaptin
Dragoncaptin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frothy Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Or Somalian pirates...
Frothy
Frothy

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Or Desert Tigerstripe...
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Their MC don't have knee pad pockets or moisture wicking, therefore we are more bad ass~

joking aside, is anyone else going to be in kit out there?

also sometime we should sit down and make a display
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:18 am

I'm willing to roll my Desert Tigs, plate carrier, helmet, etc. As long as I'm not the only one dressed up and we have some sort of permission. Though I doubt permission will be needed per say, it'd just be good to know that we're expected and not a surprise.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:59 am

I'll be there dressed in...something. MC Pants and chest rig at least. Will either wear OD shirt or Massif MC top. And my scarf, of course.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 pm

I feel like we should still wear the shield patches to this. While the acronym is going to have to change, showing that we already have some form of club insignia will go a long ways towards making us appear legitimate. We can go without the rectangular patches that highlight the acronym, but still wearing the shield is not going to be a horrible crime. It's not like your average student is going to really notice the acronym in the middle of suddenly coming across a dude wearing tactical gear.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 pm

So it looks like booths reservation for this is closed, and I didn't see us on the list, so I guess unless someone knows otherwise we didn't get one. Can anyone see if we can still, like, loiter or something?
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:33 pm

Kyle i sent another email asking about whether we can still hand out flyers. I am awaiting a response. (still havent received response for first one)
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Cleaver wrote:So it looks like booths reservation for this is closed, and I didn't see us on the list, so I guess unless someone knows otherwise we didn't get one. Can anyone see if we can still, like, loiter or something?

They're doing it on the drillfield due to construction behind Squires. I know that the Epic Battle Club also didn't get a booth, but their plan is to hang out nearby on the drillfield. I think as long as we're not in someone's booth space, we should be okay to pick a piece of drillfield and set up a bit off the beaten path, so to speak.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:42 am

do we have anything set up? like posters or picture binders or anything?
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:48 am

Gavin will be taking care of flyers soon, but yeah, I was actually thinking about picture binders myself...
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:39 pm

without a booth we will probably only be able to do flyers, no place to set up pictures or posters or anything.
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:59 pm

their "booths" are just fold out tables, we can either bring our own or make one out of wireframe shelving (which I don't mind bringing some)

but if I bring those someone has to bring things to display on it. I have a few binders, and if someone can print out pictures of guns/gear, kits, and action pictures, then I'll bring atleast 3 binders to sort it all out with. I can bring some paper too for signups and stuff. An ACVT logo/banner would be nice too

I'll have my radio on me on channel 3.16 so you can find me easily
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum