Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donations for Easy Company's Commercial Field

Go down

Donations for Easy Company's Commercial Field Empty Donations for Easy Company's Commercial Field

Post  Cleaver Tue May 08, 2012 7:23 pm

So I got a phone call yesterday from Richie of Easy Company Airsoft. You may or may not have heard, but they are trying to establish a commercial field at the MOUT facility we played at during the Fight for Life Charity Event. He called asking if VTAC would be willing to help out with some of the up-front costs.

The deal is that if we, as VTAC, are able to get $100, we would be allowed 1 or 2 games free entrance (was a bit unclear, may depend on whether we go Friday or Saturday), which is a value of $20 assuming we go on Saturday (Friday is unlikely I assume). We would also get our team logo on one of the bunkers.

These guys treated us well at the Fight for Life Charity, and there were also quality players at the OP4 game. I admire Easy Company's efforts to get a commercial foothold in our little corner of VA.
Theoretically, if we can get 10 people to contribute $10 then we've met our goal. Also, this basically amounts to a $10 contribution for a $20 gameday ticket.

Obviously there is no obligation here. But I can foresee VTAC going to check out this field at some point once it's done, and if you think you'd be one of those individuals willing to make the drive then this may be a sound investment for you.

That said, I'd be willing to make a contribution towards this endeavor.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Donations for Easy Company's Commercial Field Empty Re: Donations for Easy Company's Commercial Field

Post  Dutch Tue May 08, 2012 9:30 pm

More than happy to make a donation. We'll get together after i get back up here in late may.
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Donations for Easy Company's Commercial Field Empty Re: Donations for Easy Company's Commercial Field

Post  Prophet Tue May 08, 2012 10:48 pm

ok, sounds good. Im in for 10
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Tue May 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Im gonna back out after some thought

Last edited by Papa Bear on Sat May 12, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Tue May 08, 2012 11:29 pm

In for undisclosed amount.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Thu May 10, 2012 2:03 am

Looks like this opportunity closes May 23rd.

Seeing as Richie contacted me I suppose I'll be the point of exchange for this endeavor. I'm sure any little bit would help these guys. For those that have pledged support already: it sounds like your contribution would go towards the ability to play one Saturday for free, so no worries there.

I guess at some point soon I'll begin collecting funds from people so I can send them over to Richie. I'll keep you posted.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  hmonay Thu May 10, 2012 9:21 am

I can pitch in $10
hmonay
hmonay

Back to top Go down

Post  Slice Sun May 13, 2012 9:03 pm

What, exactly, will one get in exchange for a donation?

Is there a professional, established business plan in place? Is this a seat-of-the-pants operation or can I get said business plan in my inbox?

Sorry bros, seen too much of this sort of thing spurt up and die that I won't donate from the hip.
Slice
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum