Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping cost

Go down

Shipping cost Empty Shipping cost

Post  EthicalSneak Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:33 pm

So Bob just helped me sell my M16 on the Vietnam Airsoft forum, but I don't have the slightest clue how to begin shipping or how much that will cost. I've talked with Drew and gotten some advice, but I wanted to ask how much it should cost to mail it and how I should go about packaging it.

Help?
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Shipping cost Empty Re: Shipping cost

Post  Slice Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:39 pm

You need a box large enough to fit it in, packaging material (old newspaper, packing peanuts, etc), packaging tape, and maybe even packaging paper if the box is covered in airsoft pictures. You're looking at at least $20 to ship it if not more. Ups will be more expensive but better tracking. Vice versa for USPS. To cut down on the size of the box you can pull the upper off the lower but since it's an M16 front end you're boned. If you ship UPS declare it a "airsoft toy" and don't say gun. Same with USPS if they ask.
Slice
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Thanks. So charging $30 for shipping would be a safe bet, assuming regular shipping?
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Slice Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Possibly. Depends where it's going, how much it weighs, the actual size of the box (length, width, height), etc, shipping method, I could go on and on. It's why I usually just list a gun as a price "shipped" and go from there haha. The other arrangement you can make with the buyer is request X amount for shipping up front, and if it's over, refund him the difference.
Slice
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Yeah. I looked at the USPS approximate costs for about the size and weight box and the approximate location. I'll try and do that.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Slice Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Just remember that when the box arrives, if shipped via USPS, it'll have a nice fat sticker with the exact cost of shipping on it. So be upfront with your buyer, lol. (not saying you wouldn't be at all, just...yeah)
Slice
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum