Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kicking it off with a gear review!

3 posters

Go down

Kicking it off with a gear review! Empty Kicking it off with a gear review!

Post  Bad Decision Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:04 pm

So I have recently been working on building up my multicam DA SEAL kit. Therefore, pics will come first, then I will complete the review as time dictates.

BAM!:

This is the '094' plate carrier (supposed to be 6094) from ebairsoft made by TMC. Surprisingly enough, it is pretty damn good quality. It is a bit hefty especially once you throw on all the equipment, but just about as much heft as I was expecting. It feels lighter than even the pantac copy of the 6094 and the molle strips are held on nice and tight and all have equal dimensions. Beat that condor outdoor!! This will be fairly short but I at least will show you how I have set up my rig.

Front:
Kicking it off with a gear review! P4090837
Back:
Kicking it off with a gear review! P4090838
Side:
Kicking it off with a gear review! P4090839
Stitching:
--on the strips
Kicking it off with a gear review! P4090841
--on the pouches (included)
Kicking it off with a gear review! P4090842
Comparison:
Kicking it off with a gear review! P4090840

So as you can see, these carriers are pretty sweet. Tons of room and easily customizable as any 6094 would be. At $135 shipped and only taking a week to arrive, that is pretty damn good from ebairsoft. In its current configuration it has 12 mags, 2 v-lites, 3 zip cuffs, medical utilities, map in chest pocket, Petzl high intensity lamp, three IR chemsticks, sharpie for doodlin', flare signaler, and an IR signaler.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Kicking it off with a gear review! Empty Re: Kicking it off with a gear review!

Post  Dutch Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:20 pm

looks like it's pretty damn close to the legit pattern in the pics, how would you say it matches up to the real thing pattern wise?
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:29 pm

It is real, genuine multicam material. It is just 1000D compared to 330D of the slick. So the material has a heavier weave.

However, I will say, unless LBT changed their style, the fabric color used for the straps is off. It should be lighter.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:05 pm

your mc slick isnt 330d check the tag itd list if it was 330d , typically the lighter weight materials are only in aor1/2 or special patterns used by special people, not saying there aren't mc slciks in 330d, but I seriously doubt yours is since you bought it as a civilian. This is not a bash either, simply a correction.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Don't have it so cant check it.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down