Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VTAC Zombie Op

+3
Cleaver
EthicalSneak
ElGato
7 posters

Go down

VTAC Zombie Op Empty VTAC Zombie Op

Post  ElGato Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm reposting this here as an official Op thread. Please post here only in accordance with the listed instructions. If you want to post suggestions about the op itself, please post on the thread in the "Game Type Ideas" section.

The date is set for April 7th, unless there is a mass consensuss to change it. There are still other weekends available; the op may be shoved back in case of incliment weather, etc.
The infection will begin at 4:30pm and end around 8:00pm

Here's the lowdown:

VTAC is chilling around the lovely town of Blacksburg when suddenly, something is amiss. Dudes be spitting blood and eat'n brains up in here! Naturally, being the tight-knit comminity that we are, the surviving members of VTAC band together to escape Blacksburg and survive the infestation. The op will take place at our normal field. We will be using more of it than many of us are used to. Objectives will be simulated locations around the VT campus and town of Blacksburg.

Rules for Humans:
-kit will be street clothes (unless I tell you differently, individually). tactical gear is allowed, however, keep in mind that you may be picking up guns off others or in drops, so make sure whatever you use can be flexable.
-Everyone will wear a pie tin on their chest and back. It is up to you how you want to rig it; make sure it is fully exposed front and back.
-1 hit to either pie tin constitutes a kill. No other hits will count on either humans or zomibes. Gunshot kills remian where they are until a zombie finds them; then they become undead. (If someone is left someplace out of sight for more than 10 min, they may go ahead and become a zombie)
-Friendly fire is ALLOWED.
-Guns will be restricted to GBB pistols, GBB rifles, shotguns of any type, and bolt action rifles. If need be, we can use AEGs on SEMI only with REAL CAPs. This is to be avoided if possible.
-Ammo will be VERY limited. Start practicing marksmenship with your favorite sidearm now. Ammo will be found at different objectives during the op; reloading will take place whenever possible.
-personal supplies of propane/green gas are allowed and encouraged. They may be carried throughout the op.
-All guns will be chrono'ed prior to the op. MEDs will are TBD, but weapons shooting in the CQC range will be cleared at any range (including point blank). Remember, you are aiming for chests and backs; other hits will not count. Also, try not to tag zombies in the face. It makes them bite harder.
-No melee weapons are to be used. No safety kills.
-Guns are to be used communally, meaning if someone dies, it is for the good of the group to take their gun and keep using it. If you are planning on bringing a gun to this op, make sure it is one you are willing to share. Mark it and your mags so you can identify them after the op.
-Everyone will carry some form of flashlight. Bringing a backpack and water would also be a good idea.
At the very beginning of the game, one of the humans will be given a map of the AO.

Zombies:
-Zombies may walk, run, take cover, hide, etc
-They cannot use weapons besides their disfigured claws and infectious mouths
-They cannot talk (except the head Op admin Zombie, which is me)
-Any physical contact with a live zombie will result in infection. The infected have 2 minutes to say goodbye before joining the legions of the undead. They may be shot by other humans after infection, in which case, they follow normal Zombie re-spawn rules.
-After dieing dramatically, Zombies must respawn at least 100 yards from the closest human.
-Zombies follow the same gunshot kills as humans (1 in either the front or back pieplate constitutes a kill).
Dramatic deaths on either side are highly encouraged.

I know this will overlap on the other thread, but given these rules, please post if you are attending, your prefered affiliation (I'm looking for about 10 human survivors; I also reserve the right to assign people to certain factions based on numbers), and what guns you have that you would be willing to bring (and number of mags). Also, if you have a serious conflict with the date but could attend on a different weekend, note that as well.

I will be the "head" zombie, so to speak. I am loaning the survivors my M9 (2 mags), my 1911 (5 mags), my AK74 (2 mags), and my Mk.1 Carbine (2 mags).

Last edited by ElGato on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

VTAC Zombie Op Empty Re: VTAC Zombie Op

Post  EthicalSneak Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:22 pm

I'll be there. I don't have any guns that meet the criteria, though.
I would be willing to play Zombie or survivor, which ever side needs roles filled.

This also gives me a chance to break out my hunter zombie hoodie...
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:00 pm

I'd be willing to play either, but I'd favor Survivor. I have my Hi-Capa with 4 mags I'd share. Not sure if it's an issue or not, but those mags hold 30+1, which is certainly not quite simulation quantities.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Breaker Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:51 pm

I'll be there in whatever role you need me to fill, my shotgun and pistol are available for use in the sim.
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

VTAC Zombie Op Empty Game Roster

Post  ElGato Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:05 am

Humans:
-Kyle
-Zach
-Greg
-Daniel
-Wolf

Zombies:
-Bob
-Keith
-Evan

I will update this list as people post up their preferences

Last edited by ElGato on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:00 am; edited 3 times in total
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Decision Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:01 am

Up for human.
Bad Decision
Bad Decision
Shifty Little Bastard

Back to top Go down

Post  ElGato Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:25 pm

List updated with names from the other thread. We need more survivors, people!!! Try it; if you don't like it, becoming a zombie is not difficult.
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

Post  ~Wolf~ Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:59 am

put down for humans

~Wolf~

Back to top Go down

Post  ElGato Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:29 am

ZOMBIE OP is POSTPONED until new feild is found. If this occurs after May, I will NO LONGER be running this op. Fair warning.
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

VTAC Zombie Op Empty UPDATE

Post  ElGato Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 am

Looking at the current weekends left for the rest of the semester, the only one available before finals is the 21st of April (which is in 2 weeks). I know its soon and since the bulk of us are going to Afton this weekend, it will probably be the first time we are playing at the new field. Sound off if you are still interested; same format as before (since availability may change with the new weekend).

Zombies:
-Bob
-Evan

Humans:
-Gene
-Max

Last edited by ElGato on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:53 am

I'm still in as a Zombie.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:46 am

I'm in as which ever
Oden
Oden

Back to top Go down

VTAC Zombie Op Empty Op Canned :(

Post  ElGato Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:45 am

Op Canned due to time schedule/field. Fact is, we won't get the field in time for this weekend and this was the last plausible weekend for the Op. If anyone revives interest in this next semester and wants help planning or something, feel free to PM me; I'll still be lurking on these forums somewhere. Hell, in a perfect world, I'll be back from deployment and even get to attend. But, either way, consider it canned for this semester
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down