Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking to do some upgrades

2 posters

Go down

Looking to do some upgrades Empty Looking to do some upgrades

Post  Orion Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:31 pm

I have a new, stock, G&G CM16 SRL (one of the new ones with fancy stuff) and am looking to increase my range and FPS, I'd like to put a better spring in (M120) and I know I should then replace the plastic bushings, and maybe there are some other upgrades to do. But I know next to nothing about the insides of an airsoft gun, so If anyone who knows what they're doing would like to help I'd appreciate it. Either you can walk me through what you're doing or I can leave it with you and let you do it alone, doesn't make much difference to me.

Orion

Back to top Go down

Looking to do some upgrades Empty Re: Looking to do some upgrades

Post  Seenie Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Replacing the bushings should be like number 1 priority, get standard steel ones.

As for increasing FPS, a lot of stock guns are incredibly inefficient when it comes to how well sealed everything is. I'd just start off w/ replacing your cylinder head w/ a double o-ring one and either using teflon tape to help it seal or RTV sealant (I prefer the latter.) Then also get a new nozzle w/ an o-ring as well (like 90% of stock guns don;t have o-rings on their nozzles which kills FPS.) Lastly, take the o-ring around your piston head and stretch it over the cylinder, use a lighter (or heat gun if you have one.) and heat it up a little to stretch it out, this should also dramatically increase your FPS if your o-ring was a tad too small.

Lastly, check to see if your barrel has a good seal w/ the hop-up chamber. Use either RTV or teflon tape around the end of the bucking to help w/ any leaks.

After you've done all that, and you feel that you FPS is still subpar, go ahead and get the new spring ( I mean, springs are pretty cheap you might as well get it while you're getting all this other stuff, m120 is probably the max you want to use for a still rather stock setup.)

I think I may have taken some pictures/explained how I sealed up a lot of stuff in one of my threads about my project guns, check them out.

Also. airsoftmechanics.com is your best friend.
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:01 pm

So I've never opened an airsoft gun before, any tips to make sure I don't destroy anything?

Orion

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:17 pm

Take your time, keep things organized as you take it apart. They are really quite simple internally. Visit airsoftmechanics.com and search there for any issues you have, google tends to lead you to not the best information when it comes to airsoft teching.
Seenie
Seenie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum