Photo Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Photo Gallery

Post  Slice on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Same comment as Usergroups, unless you plan on having people add photos to the Galley as well as posting photo threads, it's kind of redundant.

ALTHOUGH, you could do a "Photo of the Month" contest, have one thread with all the photos, have people vote, and the winning photo gets added to the gallery, turning it into a gallery of the forums best photos as judged by the users without having to dig through threads. Also, while I can upload a picture to my own "Personal Gallery", I don't have permissions to upload photos to any public galleries. Not sure if working as intended or not, but figured I would make it known.
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Photo Gallery

Post  ACVT-Admin on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:13 pm

The gallery was going to be a showcase of the best of VTAC. At least that's what Zach and I thought. Remind me to add you as admin, Jesse. I still don't have that process down either. But anyways, the gallery would mostly be a way to draw in new members when they see what we do.
ACVT-Admin

View user profile http://acvt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Slice on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:18 pm

The public gallery can still function as that. There are also personal user galleries, which I just test-uploaded a photo to. They have to be approved by an admin (GREAT idea there, otherwise it would be dick photos DREW) but it could be a cool way for users to have a gallery of just them.

Maybe I'll come up with a Photo of the Month thread myself, and have myself (and maybe two others) be judges (thus precluding me from participating) to encourage bamfness/comedy/etc. We'll see, lots of options. I still think photos should be concentrated to the photo thread area, but the gallery has some use as well.
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Papa Bear on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:35 pm

You wont see me troll this forum, that's all you Jesse
Papa Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down