Possibly Looking to Buy a New Weapon

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Possibly Looking to Buy a New Weapon

Post  Killem on Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Oden wrote:If you get lipos get a turnigy nano tech lipo (7.4 is perfect).  also, TURnigy not TENergy (easily mixed up).  I wouldn't buy them from an airsoft retailer, they'll charge you an arm and a leg, check RC stores like hobby king

If you measure out the inside of your peq, all lipos usually have the size in the description.  make sure you leave enough space for wires (about .25"~.5")

also, my 2 cents on weapon pick (brand independant) 416 is a fine rifle, about the size of an M4 iirc.  Its great for field work, though CQC leaves a bit to be wanted (P Bear will contest me on this).  The area in front of the pistol grip is just too much in my opinion.

I personally would go for an MP5 platform (specifically MP5A5) if alot of CQC is going to be a factor, but I could be biased (ran one in the field for a long while).  I just find them better for more athletic and rigorous sections of my game.

Bullpups are fine...they can be a wee wonky.  The P90 imo is the best ergonomically, however the mags are a PITA to find cheap.  F2000 I guess is fine, but it suffers from what most bullpups suffer from: uncomfortable armpit reloads.  I wish they would make a mag release closer to the trigger hand for bullpups

Aside from that, I would find a good hop unit.  You don' have to R Hop your gun.  If you can get your hands on a good TM hop, you'll be just fine.  If you can find a decent hop up, and do some basic mods on them (like shimming the arm) you can get pretty consistent shots off.

I probably buy my Lipo from http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/. I've had good experiences with them.

That's why now I'm debating between the 416 and the 416C.

I like the MP5 and have considerd the Umarex/G&G one. It's cheaper, but I would need to buy a whole box of mags for it as well as a top rail for my red dot. Plus, I'm not as confident about the internals as I am on the VFC. I'm still considering it though.

I love Bullpups. My first rifle was the L85 and I've loved them ever since. It's a fantastic idea. However, it's hard to find good airsoft ones. I'm not a huge fan of the F2000. It's kinda ugly. I love the Tavor but it's hard to find at least good quality ones though I've considered the Ares. I like the L85 but's in uncomfortable as hell. Very boxy and "sharp".

When you're talking about the hop-up, do you mean for the VFC or my M16?

EDIT: Here's what I was thinking for the Lipo

Elite 7.4 20c 1400 \

Simple Lipo Charger

LVD
Killem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:23 am

I'm not sure how compatible VFCs are for entire hop up units, but if anything you can change the bucking to a G&G green

Also, the reason I try not to buy from Airsoft retailers is because they price gouge the living shit out of people.  Trust me, you'll get a better deal with better quality looking elsewhere.

see here, a comparable (actually better) battery from a well trusted brand and series:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__20428__Turnigy_nano_tech_1800mah_2S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack_USA_Warehouse_.html

also here, your Low Voltage cut off:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__34120__Hobbyking_2_8S_Cell_Checker_with_Low_Voltage_Alarm_USA_Warehouse_.html

I couldn't find the charger a bunch of us got (if someone could find a link, pls and ty).  I would strongly recommend shelling out $30~$50 getting a smart charger and a lipo bag.  There's just things you don't skimp on, such as things that make stuff blow up, and things that keep you a wee bit safer from things blowing up.

Connector differences can be easily remedied in a shorter time than it takes to make a cup of coffee.  So don't be put off because it says a battery is only available in banana or XJT.
Oden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Killem on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:52 pm

So I would like to be able to put a single point sling on the 416 however it seems the buffer tube is oversized. Do they make sling adapters for the 416? What would I need?
Killem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oden on Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:30 am

Why not just use the loops on your butt stock?  They're a better option than attaching it on the rear of the receiver anyways.  If you situate it properly it'll always be within a few inches from the cup of your shoulder for easy raising and lowering.
Oden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Killem on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:56 am

Oden wrote:Why not just use the loops on your butt stock?  They're a better option than attaching it on the rear of the receiver anyways.  If you situate it properly it'll always be within a few inches from the cup of your shoulder for easy raising and lowering.

Actually that's basically what I ended up doing. We'll see how it performs.
Killem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum