Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing to Sunday until May 4th, 2013

+3
kalak
Papa Bear
Prophet
7 posters

Go down

Changing to Sunday until May 4th, 2013 Empty Changing to Sunday until May 4th, 2013

Post  Prophet Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 am

In a reply email about this weeks game Ranger Lyles said we should change to Sunday after this week until May 4th because of Spring Turkey Season. Any discussion should take place here.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Changing to Sunday until May 4th, 2013 Empty Re: Changing to Sunday until May 4th, 2013

Post  Papa Bear Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:33 am

While I love saturday play, I think we should go with the rangers recommendation on this one. They know the area the best, I think it would be careless to not take their advice.
Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Back to top Go down

Changing to Sunday until May 4th, 2013 Empty Re: Changing to Sunday until May 4th, 2013

Post  kalak Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:08 am

Seconded. I know we have a bigger turnout on Saturday, but you've got to respect the Rangers. When does the season end?

Edit: The Dept of Game and Fisheries says it ends at noon from 4/13 - 5/4 and until sunset 5/6 - 5/18. Also, should we play after noon until 5/4 to keep a Saturday game, or switch to Sunday then?

Last edited by kalak on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Found season days / times)

kalak

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:34 am

Sunovabitch. I know Sundays are the 'safest' choice, and I won't begrudge that decision, but I'd prefer just doing later on Saturday so I could still play. Selfishly motivated, but that's my opinion.
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:11 pm

I don't think there is any kind of argument to be made honestly, if the rangers say we should change to Sunday, we should change to Sunday. I know that this is less convenient for some people, but I don't think we should be going against anything the rangers say. They are giving us a chance to play, we should not go against any of their wishes.
Dutch
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Rangers said until when? May 4th?

Sure, it's inconvenient, and sure it's sort of mandatory, but that's not really that far out. If it's not until "after this weekend", then that's what, 3...4 weekends? One of which many will be at Cool Combat anyway...

Could be worse, is all I'm saying.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  Prophet Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Her email was this:
"You are coming up on Turkey season. Saturday is youth day hunting and after that regular hunting season is April 13th. Turkeys hang around wildlife openings and that is where you play. It may be time to move to Sunday next week."

I would assume that means until the end of Turkey season.
Prophet
Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post  ACVT-Admin Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Sunday it is. I agree, Sunday is the safest option. I'd hate to change our slogan to "This is why we have buckshot"
ACVT-Admin
ACVT-Admin

https://acvt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down