Zombie Op

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which day/weekend works best for this op?

8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
67% 67% 
[ 8 ]
25% 25% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 12

Zombie Op

Post  ElGato on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Several of us discussed this in detail last semester, but nothing ever really came of it; thought I would bring it back up here and see if we could generate interest for it. this would require a lot of planning and a de(a)dicated opfor staff, but would be incredibly rewarding for all involved.

This would probably be an all day event (or at least a several hour kind of deal). Maybe half of the club would start as survivors and would coordinate ahead of time which guns they would use. I think a limited ammo/lowcap game would make things more challenging for the survivors. Survivors would have objectives to make it to throughout the day for water, ammo, etc. There would be one or two oppertunities for extraction via helicopter, but the helicopter would only have seating for a few of the survivors at a time. Friendly fire is allowed; exspecially since there would not be enough seats at the end of the day for all of the survivors to escape.

Just some of the ideas we were toying with last semester; we can refine the rules and lay this out if there is enough serious interest.


Last edited by ElGato on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ElGato

Posts : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  ~Wolf~ on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:16 pm

that does sound pretty fun. I have much intrest.

~Wolf~

Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Papa Bear on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:49 pm

yes
avatar
Papa Bear

Posts : 446

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  EthicalSneak on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:07 pm

This sounds like it has a lot of potential. I'd sacrifice a day to play this, either as OpFor or a survivor.
avatar
EthicalSneak

Posts : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Breaker on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Hey, I remember talking about this Smile We should sit down sometime and hash it out. I'll try to find the original videos.
avatar
Breaker

Posts : 192

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  ElGato on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:29 am

so, that's 5 interested so far. I'm willing to sit down over lunch and hash out detials/plan this out, but I need a club commitment to a weekend set aside for this. admins?
avatar
ElGato

Posts : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  ~Wolf~ on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:06 pm

there is a series on youtube entitled "Operation Plauge" which is pretty large airsoft zombie op that takes place in MI every year. Thought it might help.

~Wolf~

Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Papa Bear on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Mark me as interested, lets get this started
avatar
Papa Bear

Posts : 446

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Daniel_Hunter on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:44 pm

~Wolf~ wrote:there is a series on youtube entitled "Operation Plauge" which is pretty large airsoft zombie op that takes place in MI every year. Thought it might help.

Looked up Operation Plague on Youtube. Looked pretty legit until they whipped out the LARPing boffers. By the 2 minute mark I was waiting for someone to cast Lightning Bolt.

Daniel_Hunter

Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  ElGato on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:40 am

Daniel_Hunter wrote:
~Wolf~ wrote:there is a series on youtube entitled "Operation Plauge" which is pretty large airsoft zombie op that takes place in MI every year. Thought it might help.

Looked up Operation Plague on Youtube. Looked pretty legit until they whipped out the LARPing boffers. By the 2 minute mark I was waiting for someone to cast Lightning Bolt.

IF this OP occurs here, there will be no LARPing. If I saw anyone with a foam swoard, I will eat their brains with hot sauce.
btw, admins, can we pin down a date to set aside for this?
avatar
ElGato

Posts : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Daniel_Hunter on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:56 pm

I'll second this if I can be on the planning committee for this event. Anything zombie gives me a semi.

Daniel_Hunter

Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Papa Bear on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Mark Probes and I down
avatar
Papa Bear

Posts : 446

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  ElGato on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:26 pm

here's what I'll do. Again, we don't necissarily have a date set for this yet, but I'll start a sign up. It will be first come, first serve to be a survivor: meaning I will take the first 10 or so who sign up. Everyone else, I will recruit as a zombie. Also, I may pull some of you for "auxilery roles" (you will be PM'd in this case). Also, please post if you have any pistols and/or other gas weapons (with # of mags). Springer sniper rilfes and shotguns are also highly encouraged. I will be resticting this to real caps for all guns.
ie, I will be loaning out my M9 (2 mags), my 1911 (5 mags), my WE M16A1 (10 mags), my Ruger Mk1 carbine (2 mags) and my soon to be GHK AK-74 (2 mags).
avatar
ElGato

Posts : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Papa Bear on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:34 pm

I have a mp7 with 4 mags
avatar
Papa Bear

Posts : 446

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  EthicalSneak on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 pm

I'm very interested in playing any role, but I don't have any real-cap weapons. I'm willing to play survivor or Zombie, either one promises to be very enjoyable.
avatar
EthicalSneak

Posts : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Slice on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Sidenote, to get around lack of "realcaps", just only load your mags to realistic amounts. Wink
avatar
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

Posts : 169

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Daniel_Hunter on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Slice wrote:Sidenote, to get around lack of "realcaps", just only load your mags to realistic amounts. Wink

*GASP* integrity?

PS. I'm interested--I've got a shotgun and a knife, all you really need in a zombie apocalypse.

Daniel_Hunter

Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  ElGato on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm

Daniel_Hunter wrote:
Slice wrote:Sidenote, to get around lack of "realcaps", just only load your mags to realistic amounts. Wink

*GASP* integrity?

PS. I'm interested--I've got a shotgun and a knife, all you really need in a zombie apocalypse.
^shotguns are Sarge approved.

@Slice: I am aware of this and we'll do this if need be. For now, I want to try to limit this to airsoft guns that naturally have lower ammo capacities. Then we'll see what we have to do with AEGs. There will be no Hicaps.
avatar
ElGato

Posts : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Dutch on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:25 am

put me down as a survivor, have my 229 with 4 mags and a springer sniper with 2 mags
avatar
Dutch
Gearmosexual

Posts : 298

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Cleaver on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:53 am

Currently I have a Hi Capa Dragon 7.1 w/ 4 mags.

In time I will have a functional L96 and maybe even another Hi Capa...but time wise those are sort of TBD...
avatar
Cleaver

Posts : 485

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Daniel_Hunter on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:11 am

Here's a thought:

There could be room for three teams altogether: Zombies, Survivers, and Security. That would add an extra dimension of gameplay that would help flesh out the gameplay as well as incentive some people to bring out their big guns. The dynamic would ebb and flow throughout the scenario as some Security forces protect Survivers while others try to exterminate them along with Zombies...

Daniel_Hunter

Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Papa Bear on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:20 am

I think Bob has pretty much got it planned out (might be wrong and Im prepared to take butthurt for it) just waiting for a date for op and to release player packets?
avatar
Papa Bear

Posts : 446

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  ElGato on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:23 am

Daniel_Hunter wrote:Here's a thought:

There could be room for three teams altogether: Zombies, Survivers, and Security. That would add an extra dimension of gameplay that would help flesh out the gameplay as well as incentive some people to bring out their big guns. The dynamic would ebb and flow throughout the scenario as some Security forces protect Survivers while others try to exterminate them along with Zombies...

I'll take this into consideration. The way I envision this currently is that this will be an objective driven op for the survivors. My fellow zombies and I have some pretty challenging objectives and missions in mind; I don't want to give too much away in details, but suffice to say: everyone can't survive.
avatar
ElGato

Posts : 66

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Daniel_Hunter on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:28 am

ElGato wrote:
Daniel_Hunter wrote:Here's a thought:

There could be room for three teams altogether: Zombies, Survivers, and Security. That would add an extra dimension of gameplay that would help flesh out the gameplay as well as incentive some people to bring out their big guns. The dynamic would ebb and flow throughout the scenario as some Security forces protect Survivers while others try to exterminate them along with Zombies...

I'll take this into consideration. The way I envision this currently is that this will be an objective driven op for the survivors. My fellow zombies and I have some pretty challenging objectives and missions in mind; I don't want to give too much away in details, but suffice to say: everyone can't survive.

Sounds interesting. Of course, it's just a suggestion, since I have no idea how planned out the event is. Six years ago I attended a 200+ player zombie game in an Utah ghost town called 28 Days Later and that system worked pretty well.

youtube.com/watch?v=6GDxA3gsOsY <------...huh. Can't post links for another 4 days apparently...

Daniel_Hunter

Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Prophet on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:49 am

Another good idea I got from Shwell is that when they play zombie games they put a pie plate on chest and back. This is the hit zone for a "head shot" and helps prevent too many close range actual head shots. Zombie for me thanks I only care about surviving the real apocalypse. I have HK USPC with 2 24rd mags
avatar
Prophet

Posts : 437

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Zombie Op

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum