Bob v. Tim 4 @ Ballahack 3/16/2013 aka OP: SILLY HAT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bob v. Tim 4 @ Ballahack 3/16/2013 aka OP: SILLY HAT

Post  Cleaver on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Simple Green v. Tan game. It's basically an elaborate pick up game, which I know most people don't much care for but I think it could be a lot of fun.

Tan (Bob) includes DCU, ATACS brown, and civilian. Green (Tim) includes your ordinary BDU as well as MultiCam, for once.

Personally, I've always wanted to check out Ballahack, and this seems like a novel occasion to do so. It should be a lot less pressure than our standard fare as of late. Entrance fee is $50.

...and if I end up going I plan on bringing a silly hat and THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Link Here for information
Cleaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bob v. Tim 4 @ Ballahack 3/16/2013 aka OP: SILLY HAT

Post  Seenie on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:06 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mj7fm1nsrk&list=UUbPahkZ-Bbx2OegKGo5NyVw&index=1
Get pumped

I'll be going to fight for Tim (green). Hope to see a big ACVT presence there.
Seenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 am

interested. My question is, what would our sleeping options be? camping? hotel? WHAT WILL WE DO MY GOD THE MYSTERY
Dutch
Gearmosexual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 am

If we go are we all trying to go as the same team? I think some people were interested in going with Bob. So Im kinda curious. Still def interested in going no matter what team we go on as long as there are friends around to shoot people with.
Dragoncaptin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie on Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Dutch wrote:interested. My question is, what would our sleeping options be? camping? hotel? WHAT WILL WE DO MY GOD THE MYSTERY
The op is only one day so depending on how far out you are from Ballahack, it could be a day trip
Seenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:32 pm

I will inquire about camping. Standby...
Cleaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragoncaptin on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Uh well the assumption being were travelling from here which if i remember correctly is like a 5 hour drive one way...so yea. not a day trip.
Dragoncaptin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slice on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Dragoncaptin wrote:Uh well the assumption being were travelling from here which if i remember correctly is like a 5 hour drive one way...so yea. not a day trip.

It took me on average 4 hours and 40 minutes to get to my house in Chesapeake from Blacksburg. Add in the 20 minutes that it is from my house to Ballahack, and you guys would be looking at at LEAST 10 hours of travel, not counting the length of the game.
Slice
ForumKiller
ForumKiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Church on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm in guys, can go either side as I have camo for both. I for sure would like to crash somewhere probably both before and after the game. So whether we split hotel costs or camp we gotta figure something out!
Church

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dutch on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:02 pm

remember multicam is green for this event
Dutch
Gearmosexual

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Just got this email from Chris, the guy that owns Ballahack:

Kyle,
You guys can definately camp out the night before. We always allow travelers to either camp out, or crash in our staging facility the night before our large ops. Just call ahead when your almost here.
Cleaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:50 pm

So is anyone else going?
Seenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver on Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:47 am

...from what I can tell, I don't think so. Registration filled up before most could make adequate plans I believe.
Cleaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Anyone got an AAR?
Cleaver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Seenie on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:50 pm

Cleaver wrote:Anyone got an AAR?
It was really great, think "Mini-Fulda Gap"

All of the field was in play which was great since the terrain of the field differs a lot from place to place (woods, swamp, "urban" etc). It had been awhile since I played and it was really cool going to old areas and seeing new structures put up (bunkers, barricades, dragonteeth etc.)

Both sides were split up into three platoons that were designated via color. I was in Sliver Platoon on Tim's Elite guard and I was also assigned as a medic and demolistionist.

Silver platoons objective was to provide support for blue platoon as they pushed up through the middle of the "landing strip" towards the city. My commander ordered half of us to follow in the tree line along side blue and the other half to try to flank the city by pushing up through the swamp (guess which group I got to go with...).

While I had been to Ballahack before, I had never been there when the swamp was actually there (usually dries up in the summer for the most part). While there were some paths we could take, they were heavily fortified with enemy troops forcing us to stick completely in the swamp. While most of the water was a little higher than knee deep, there were some parts where it was up to my waist. After trudging through the swamp for about 5 or 8 minutes we encountered large enemy forces causing us to advance at a snails pace as we fought through the swamp. I was constantly going back and fourth through the swamp healing players who were out. However, as more and more people began to get taken out many gave up for waiting for a heal and walked back to respawn causing our numbers to dwindle until there was about three of us left which made us fall back and meet back up with the other half of silver platoon on land.

The other half of silver platoons had been doing much better than us, with the town under Tim's control, silver was ordered to take out the pipeline located in the swamp (North Pond Trail to be exact). This is were I spent basically the rest of my time during Phase 1 of the game. We were able to destroy the pipeline but were quickly pushed back by a huge wave of enemy troops. I was either trying to get around them through the swamp or healing people on the main strip leading to the pipeline. At the last few minutes of Phase 1 the enemy platoon pushed hard and were able to get a foot hold by the pipeline so that they could repair it. With a minute left my group pushed hard to take out the people repairing the pipeline, I managed to take out 3 people by just unloading a whole clip full auto at the pipeline. Then literally at the last second the tarp was pulled off the pipeline signifying it had been fixed and then a siren went off signaling the end of Phase 1. The score was 3 Pipelines for Bob and 1 for Tim.

Phase 2 was not nearly as close, with new spawn points favored Bob's side, we had a really hard time doing pretty much anything. This time silver was assigned to the opposite side of the landing strip meaning we would be fighting in the woods/sand quarry. We were ordered to protect our SAM site and push up if we could. We tried to push but were quickly pushed back by a large enemy force. I spent most of my time on a giant mound of sand taking the occasional pot shot at people if they got too close. My main goal was to keep healing our two heavy gunners who were laying down suppressive fire into the forest where the enemy was coming from. This lasted for about an hour, until our gunners ran out of ammo which was when the enemy was really able to advance. I was able to get a few by popping up over the mound, but I too eventually ran out of ammo and gas. We lost the SAM site shortly afterwards.

The rest of the game was mostly us keeping Bob's forces from getting any loser to our main respawn area but was still great fun since you essentially had people trying to bum rush us but would quickly be cut down by 1000 bb's from all the people squished into the small little spot we had.

Overall it was a really great game even though my side lost.

As a side note, the swamp was really crazy, you would take a step forward and would sink down to your waist sometimes. That being said, I saw a guy who thought it would be a good idea to walk off the path and cut through the swamp to try to flank the enemy or something, the instant he stepped into the water he sunk up to his neck. A marshall had to jump in and grab him. The guy spent like 5 minutes looking for his gun and miraculously found it.

They also had free pizza.

Seenie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum