Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP Revelations III: Ballahack. December 1st, 2012

+2
kalak
Cleaver
6 posters

Go down

OP Revelations III: Ballahack.  December 1st, 2012 Empty OP Revelations III: Ballahack. December 1st, 2012

Post  Cleaver Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Backstory
Nuclear fire has once again engulfed the Earth. Everything that you thought you knew, thought you loved, is gone.
The world as you knew it has changed so radically, so terribly, that you do not recognize it. As humans do, they attempted to rebuild. Societies reformed. Pre-War technology was discovered. However, as is so often the case in human adventure, the war that brought the human race to its knees came once more.
Extinction is here. It is real. It is happening.
Nuclear winter is upon us. A second barrage of devastating nuclear weaponry has once again detonated, exacerbating an already ravaged planet. The “Nuclear Winter” theorized by so many before the war is about to fall.
Construct a strong shelter, for it may be all you have when winter comes.

Introduction
Welcome back to Revelations, the game of Post-Apocalyptic Survival hosted annually at Ballahack Airsoft. The Ballahack Wasteland is rife with violence and turmoil once again, as the bombs have dropped for a second time. No one knows who let them loose again, but one thing is for sure, it’s going to be one hell of a ride.
Things have changed slightly from the previous two iterations of the game, but the tenets that you loved before are still here. Beg, borrow, lie, cheat, steal and kill, and make sure that you and your own survive.
The field has been transformed to host this event, and we hope that everyone has a blast within it.

Ballahack is hosting a survival OP on December 1st, 2012. This ain't your average simulation. No high tech guns, no fancy rigs, no SEAL team or OpFor. This would be a really good opportunity to check out the largest commercial facility in VA, as well as do an OP that, let's be honest, we've been wanting to do for a long time.

Info here: Click me!

Hurdle #1 is going to be how to get there. Game starts at 0930 and ends at 2100 (9:30 AM to 9 PM) Registration begins at 0730, chrono at 0800, mandatory briefing at 0900. 5.5 hour drive means we would probably plan to camp / sleep somewhere for 2 nights.

Any interest?
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

OP Revelations III: Ballahack.  December 1st, 2012 Empty Re: OP Revelations III: Ballahack. December 1st, 2012

Post  kalak Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:42 pm

My friends who got me started in AS are in VB, and Ballahack is where I learned to play. Since they can help me with my living arrangements (couch and place to prepare food), and I've been dying to go to an op there for a while, I'll almost definitely be going. My son also likes playing at Ballahack, so he'll probably be there.

kalak

Back to top Go down

OP Revelations III: Ballahack.  December 1st, 2012 Empty Re: OP Revelations III: Ballahack. December 1st, 2012

Post  Breaker Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 pm

extremely interested.
Breaker
Breaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim aka the cloud Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 pm

I would love to go
Tim aka the cloud
Tim aka the cloud

Back to top Go down

Post  Cleaver Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:45 pm

We may now be doing a service project on this day. Exams are kind of messing everything up, making it hard to get out and go places, so general interest is a bit down.
Cleaver
Cleaver

Back to top Go down

Post  ElGato Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:13 pm

If any of you guys do end up going, make sure to hit me up; good chance I'll be at this OP.
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

Post  EthicalSneak Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:09 am

A few guys I know from back home are going to this, and they asked me if I could hook them up with whoever is going from ACVT for some survival aid in the event. Anybody still going/interested in teaming up?
EthicalSneak
EthicalSneak

Back to top Go down

Post  kalak Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:09 pm

I'll be there, but it' turned this week into a vacation / visit friends & family / fling plastic with friends, or I'd suggest riding together. I'm off work this week just to slack off for this.

kalak

Back to top Go down

Post  ElGato Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm no longer able to be there; I got SWO'd with duty on saterday Mad
ElGato
ElGato

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down